CrazyBoards.org

*TW* Graphic

Ever since getting outta hospital i have still been self harming....

something tangible,to see my pain on the outside.Evidence of my pain inside.....

i am so anxious this morning, *HOW* to self soothe,in a healthy manner?

Am i alone in this?

Feeling alone in this.

Edited by MiaB
Graphic details contrary to rules of this forum - removed by mod.

Hi gabagaba

First, I'm very sorry you are struggling so badly right now.  I have edited your post to keep it in line with our guidelines - we prefer that our members not go into graphic detail of methods of self harm, even if you do put a trigger warning on your post.

We have several threads pinned to the top of this forum, which contain information that others have used to redirect their urges and thinking when in a similar situation - for example, I wanted to self harm but instead I...  or Alternatives to Self-Harm & Recovery Resources. Even if you find nothing that specifically resonates with you, reading through these threads could help you know that you are not alone, and at the very least, provide some distraction.

I see from your earlier post that you've only recently been discharged from hospital, and it doesn't sound like a helpful experience.  Are there any follow-up plans in place with a tdoc (therapist/psychologist)?

Mia

Edited by MiaB

I’m sorry you’re struggling and feeling alone (you’re not alone). I know from experience that therapy for trauma can make things worse before it gets better as it brings up painful things ... early in therapy with my current tdoc I would leave a session and obsess about self harming all the way home. This might not be your experience but it might be good to have some alternatives in place for dealing with the feelings that arise. The threads Mia mentioned are helpful. Does the lorazepam help at all?

Thank You for your reply,Juniper...

Yes,just yesterday my pdoc/tdoc and i were working on my retraumatization issue-which brings up a lot of things i just don't want to think about or feel,and although i woke up feeling....ok,suddenly this wave came over me that i could not cope with,it was just too intense.So,impulsively,i self harmed.

My lorazepam does help,a little anyway.

dancesintherain,

i'm not sure,as of this morning whether i am indeed in a safe enough place..yesterday in my session i felt strong enough to start delving into things....i don't know-i have been avoiding trauma therapy for a long time,and thought that i would be strong enough to handle it,but,maybe i am not ready....at any rate i left a message for my pdoc/tdoc to call me today,i am a mess.