CrazyBoards.org

Had a tiny fight with my psychiatrist, he seems to be dobuting my diagnosis. In the hospital they tried to say i was bpd with bipolar, but my psychologist says i cant be bpd and even my psychiatrist used to think im not. I dont have any bpd traits other than emotional inestability. Anyways im mad bc people dobut my psychotic symptoms he thinks is just something from my imagination or something "typical" from me. Im mad bc the new medication is not working and now i have panic attacks i didnt had before. The  hospital kinda helped kinda made things worse. I feel like my doctor has left me behind, he doesnt care anymore, if he had answered or seen me  15days before when i asked, before i had my big crisis i wouldnt had ended in hospital. Im scheduling an appointment with a new doctor. But i feel so lost, so sad, like no one can help me, not even doctors. Its not fair. This illness is destroying my life. Has anyone ever had this kind of problems with doctors? Have you had a moment where medication made things worse? 

• Like 1

We only have meds to treat symptoms not diagnosis. So this means the important thing is getting the symptoms under control. Given how sensitive people say they are, often it is not what works but what the patient can tolerate. 

On 9/13/2018 at 10:37 AM, Angerr said:

Had a tiny fight with my psychiatrist, he seems to be dobuting my diagnosis. In the hospital they tried to say i was bpd with bipolar, but my psychologist says i cant be bpd and even my psychiatrist used to think im not. I dont have any bpd traits other than emotional inestability. Anyways im mad bc people dobut my psychotic symptoms he thinks is just something from my imagination or something "typical" from me. Im mad bc the new medication is not working and now i have panic attacks i didnt had before. The  hospital kinda helped kinda made things worse. I feel like my doctor has left me behind, he doesnt care anymore, if he had answered or seen me  15days before when i asked, before i had my big crisis i wouldnt had ended in hospital. Im scheduling an appointment with a new doctor. But i feel so lost, so sad, like no one can help me, not even doctors. Its not fair. This illness is destroying my life. Has anyone ever had this kind of problems with doctors? Have you had a moment where medication made things worse? 

I'm confused..

So the hospital diagnosed you with a different dx than your treating pdoc?

And nobody believes your psychotic symptoms?

That just seems odd..

So now you're fighting with your original pdoc over this?..

I am by no means judging..just confused..

Maybe a second opinion isn't such a bad idea..

Especially if your own pdoc is thinking this is just your imagination..

Your panic attacks could be from all the stress of this..

Just a thought..

I've had plenty of strange encounters with pdocs that were less than helpful..

Many failed meds..many odd ones just tossed at me for seemingly no reason..

I hope you get this all sorted out..

But if it does come down to a different diagnosis..

As stressful as that might be to accept..

Treating symptoms are far more important..

• Like 1

Plenty of times in the past meds made things worse for me, or a pdoc had the wrong diagnosis. No one is perfect. Takes time and meticulous tracking of symptoms, consistent exchange with a doctor that you trust, and focus on treating those lingering symptoms. Hang in there.

• Like 1