CrazyBoards.org

There is practically no CBD in most cannabis, which is grown for its THC content. There are a few strains with high CBD. Hash Oil has high CBD. You can buy CBD in several formats, smoking it is fine; if you don't want to get stoned don't get some with THC content in it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, notloki said:

There is practically no CBD in most cannabis, which is grown for its THC content. There are a few strains with high CBD. Hash Oil has high CBD. You can buy CBD in several formats, smoking it is fine; if you don't want to get stoned don't get some with THC content in it. 

Have you used straight CBD oil? If so, did it help with anything like mood or anxiety?

I’ve been using straight CBD oil for a few weeks now, at bedtime, and it shuts me off like someone flipped a switch. I still take my night meds, as I’ve no idea whether or not it would keep me asleep. I’m not at home right now so I can’t tell you the doseage, but I’ll check for you later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

I’ve been using straight CBD oil for a few weeks now, at bedtime, and it shuts me off like someone flipped a switch. I still take my night meds, as I’ve no idea whether or not it would keep me asleep. I’m not at home right now so I can’t tell you the doseage, but I’ll check for you later.

awesome, you rock!

Just in the past 2 weeks, I heard that my state is going to allow CBD oil to be purchased only from special medical marijuana dispensaries. The only question is whether it will be a felony to possess CBD oil without a valid prescription from a doctor licensed to prescribe medical marijuana in order to discourage people from buying online or across state lines.

It is legal as CBD contains no THC. THC is what is the illegal component in cannabis. CBD has no psychoactive effects. In my state the general public goes to the same dispensary as I do for medical cannabis (I have a cannabis card) and they use a different room to sale medical cannabis that the public can neither see into or go into without a cannabis card.

I take a very low dose of CBD and I feel like it has helped for the anxiety. I'm very slowly increasing it. I would love it to help with my epilepsy but I think at the dose I'm on its unlikely too and also I heard it doesn't help certain types of seizures. I take it in a capsule so that I have a constant measure dose and then a very small amount of oil if I feel like my OCD or anxiety is playing up. 

For sleep I've started using a white noise machine instead. 

3 hours ago, notloki said:

It is legal as CBD contains no THC. THC is what is the illegal component in cannabis. CBD has no psychoactive effects. In my state the general public goes to the same dispensary as I do for medical cannabis (I have a cannabis card) and they use a different room to sale medical cannabis that the public can neither see into or go into without a cannabis card.

My state is seeking to regulate it, not make it illegal. But, yes, it contains not THC. Yes, it is unregulated in other states. Yes, it is not regulated by the FDA. However, that is what our state lawmakers want to do.

CBD laws:

https://www.cbdoilland.com/can-buy-legal-cbd-state-state-guide/

@arghLooked at the bottle. I’m taking 1 mg of CBD oil at bedtime. Around here, you can buy it at the co-op. It’s considered a nutritional supplement. Mine is cafe mocha flavored. One thing I will say is that that, unflavored, it tastes...wow. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

CBD laws:

https://www.cbdoilland.com/can-buy-legal-cbd-state-state-guide/

@arghLooked at the bottle. I’m taking 1 mg of CBD oil at bedtime. Around here, you can buy it at the co-op. It’s considered a nutritional supplement. Mine is cafe mocha flavored. One thing I will say is that that, unflavored, it tastes...wow. 

Thanks much.

@looking for answers and @DammitJanet

Pulling you two into this thread as the feelings one is starting to get a bit off topic.

So, just picked up a 25:1 tincture (suspended in MCT oil). 60 bucks + tax. 30 1ml servings. Bottle is 1 ounce. 9.8mg of CBD in 1ml. flavored with rosemary. not as gross as i expected.  Sublingual.

Perhaps I'm placebo-ing up a storm but it seems to act pretty quick. Quicker than a CBD drink mix i got a few days ago.

Also got tabs, 25mg CBD each, 10 tablets for about 45 bucks.

All at a SoCal dispensary.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, argh said:

Pulling you two into this thread as the feelings one is starting to get a bit off topic.

So, just picked up a 25:1 tincture (suspended in MCT oil). 60 bucks + tax. 30 1ml servings. Bottle is 1 ounce. 9.8mg of CBD in 1ml. flavored with rosemary. not as gross as i expected.  Sublingual.

Perhaps I'm placebo-ing up a storm but it seems to act pretty quick. Quicker than a CBD drink mix i got a few days ago.

im in pgh, so options are limited here still, i personally have not used, nor tried yet, i would like to, but thus far pdocs have said no, and i have had to go through hell to get to the point im at, so im following his orders to a T.  but i know my buddy who uses says the tinctures work best, and work fast. He does use pills as well. not tabs, it was like a bottle of 90 for like 25 bucks and u take two a day. He told it works, keeps him calm throughtout the day and seems to work synergistically with his celexa. However like i said i personally havent used, and i knwo this site is supposed to be first person only.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, argh said:

Thanks for the info!

24 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

im in pgh, so options are limited here still, i personally have not used, nor tried yet, i would like to, but thus far pdocs have said no, and i have had to go through hell to get to the point im at, so im following his orders to a T.  but i know my buddy who uses says the tinctures work best, and work fast. He does use pills as well. not tabs, it was like a bottle of 90 for like 25 bucks and u take two a day. He told it works, keeps him calm throughtout the day and seems to work synergistically with his celexa. However like i said i personally havent used, and i knwo this site is supposed to be first person only.

Yeah, I hear you. I wouldn't be trying this either, but lol no pdoc for now. On a waiting list. I'm not like in bad bad shape, but it's not good either. it's hard to describe, but not an emergency or urgent.

I sort of figured since I've been told to not increase the gabapentin, and with CBD being sort of an anticonvulsant, the best worst idea would be to augment with CBD. I haven't tried any other anticonvulsants, but with gabapentin being my game changer, perhaps there's some additional synergy to be had here.

Here's hoping.

1 hour ago, argh said:

Yeah, I hear you. I wouldn't be trying this either, but lol no pdoc for now. On a waiting list. I'm not like in bad bad shape, but it's not good either. it's hard to describe, but not an emergency or urgent.

I sort of figured since I've been told to not increase the gabapentin, and with CBD being sort of an anticonvulsant, the best worst idea would be to augment with CBD. I haven't tried any other anticonvulsants, but with gabapentin being my game changer, perhaps there's some additional synergy to be had here.

Here's hoping.

hey you gotta do what u gotta do. Let me know how it goes. Like i said im still VERY intrigued

Just double check the interactions with the meds you are on. I know it reduces the amount of lamictal and increases clobazam in your system. A very low dose shouldn't do it but just be aware that it can. Oil under the tongue enters much quicker than capsules so is best for sleep or for panic attacks. Its works in about 15 minuets were as capsules take a couple of hours. Also you do still need to taper up slowly to avoid getting the runs. The oil I get tastes kinda like mud, not that I've ever eaten mud but I imagine that's what it would taste like. 

1 hour ago, Raspberry said:

Just double check the interactions with the meds you are on. I know it reduces the amount of lamictal and increases clobazam in your system. A very low dose shouldn't do it but just be aware that it can. Oil under the tongue enters much quicker than capsules so is best for sleep or for panic attacks. Its works in about 15 minuets were as capsules take a couple of hours. Also you do still need to taper up slowly to avoid getting the runs. The oil I get tastes kinda like mud, not that I've ever eaten mud but I imagine that's what it would taste like. 

Good catch. Nada on the gapabentin. Yes on the bupropion. CBD is an inhibitor on CYP2B6..which means a higher concentration of bupropion in my body. Interesting.

The oil definitely is quite effective and quick. I had tried a 30mg edible and a 25mg drink mix in the last few days. Way less of an effect than 9.8mg sublingual oil.

Update for folks watching this thread.

been taking the cbd oil for a week. About 15mg of cbd in two doses. 25:1 ratio of cbd to thc. Doses in the morning and at night. So far it seems like an extension to the gabapentin.

• interpersonal sensitivity is lower
  • it is calming but in a very subtle manner. Not in your face agitated to zen levels, but it notably takes the edge off.
  • doesnt help sleep at all.
  • minor things that would irritate me or bounce around in my head has lessened. I can more easily let these minor things go.
  • Head is quieter.

at this point I’d definitely recommend this as an add on, but I couldn’t see this, at least at these doses, full on replace my current meds. 

Brief update. Haven’t been as regular with it.

might be taking my mood down half a peg, but not into episode territory. Still, that’s why ive been somewhat irregular in dosing.

Ive sort of mentally been all over the place in the last two months so that doesn’t help much.

its definitely not in prn territory however.