CrazyBoards.org

This (free) program saved my computer

My computer was a mess, infected with spyware, viruses and who knows what else? So I brought it to the shop where I bought it to get it repaired. Three weeks waiting time. Argh.

But they gave me a tip about a free program that's called Nod32

http://www.nod32.com/

This program saved my ass from an expensive repair and three weeks without a computer. It's really good and there are new updates almost daily.

Hi,

I've been using NOD32 for years. It's been highly rated by many AV tech sites, often the highest rated.

I'm assuming you are referring to the trial (30 day version) when you say the "free program". I don't know of any free NOD32 program. You will eventually need to pay for it, but it is well worth the $39.00 price.

i used all four. and i never had a problem. adaware was the first one i tried. then spywareblaster and spybot search and destroy, then i added spyware doctor and then ewido. spyware doctor contains a sentinel program that watches for suspicious activity, while spybot and ewido are active scanners that you have to run - a function that spyware doctor also has. spywareblaster puts kill bits in the windows registry to prevent spyware from installing.

g

Haven't used AntiVir, so can't speak to its quality.

Have used AVG Free Edition at a previous job. Bosses had been using it for some time by the time I started working there, and their computers were a mess. Convinced them to try NOD32. Pulled a ton of crap off the machines, which AVG had not caught. I mean a shitload. The machines worked drastically better after running NOD32.

Have also installed it on computers which up until then had been using either McAfee or Norton. Again NOD32 found a lot of viruses they'd missed. It also has a very small footprint compared to either of these behemoths. Again a big plus.

Archived