CrazyBoards.org

Grief scrapbook

Antecedent

Is this a thing? Or something like it? If so can someone recommend me the name ?
What I want is something like a workbook with memory prompts and thought prompts dedicated to one person that died. (Every time someone you love dies you make a new book)

So for example on page 1 you put the person's name and details
On page 2 you describe your relationship with this person
On page 3 you talk about a film or book or TV show or video game you remember watching together or talking about together
On page 4 you talk about a day out or other activity you shared together etc. etc.
On page 5 you remember something that belonged to them, as simple as an item of clothing you remember them wearing or as complex as their favorite possession in the world

It doesn't have to be something like that exactly, anything that will help me have something other than pain and regret honoring this person in my mind, I want to give the happy memories equal place with the agony at his loss. I want the warmth and love to be as salient as the gross injustice of it all.

1 hour ago, Antecedent said:

Is this a thing? Or something like it? If so can someone recommend me the name ?
What I want is something like a workbook with memory prompts and thought prompts dedicated to one person that died. (Every time someone you love dies you make a new book)

Yes, it is a thing.....I think it's a wonderful idea, too:

https://www.recover-from-grief.com/tribute-scrapbooking.html

I think they recommend just buying a regular scrapbook, and turn it into a "tribute scrapbook" for your loved one who has passed.

Here's another link with more info:   https://www.scrapbook.com/articles/after-loss

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1

i did some amazon surfing, and strangely enough, most of the grief journals/workbooks were more focused on exploring your grief rather than remembering the person who died. i figured they'd have them in the same section they have the baby books. i didn't really see any with memory prompts, they were more like "today i'm thankful because..."

there are, however, plenty of lists online if you search "memory writing prompts". my suggestion would be to buy a blank journal/scrapbook and follow a list of prompts. here's a link, for example.

if there's one near you, it might also be worth going to a big bookstore and telling staff what you're looking for. they tend to have a lot of those kind of journal/workbook/scrapbook things.

sorry for your loss. i did a lot of journaling when my dad passed several years ago. it helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...