CrazyBoards.org

So, because my nurse screwed up, I have no seroquel xr for tonight and possibly tomorrow night as well. Cold turkey none. I take 600 mg currently. I called and called on Friday and today but no call back.

I’m pretty upset and mad. This has never happened before. The nurse probably thinks I’m just a pain in the ass patient but this is serious when my med box didn’t get filled up completely and I’m out of a med for 2 days.

I don’t even know for sure if they received the med package. I kinda need to know that ASAP too. Because if they don’t have it then it has been stolen. 

Will I be ok without my high ish seroquel xr dose for 2 days? I’m already on a bumpy road symptom wise. Yikes. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Sorry cheese.  I can’t imagine that it will feel okay.  Do you have access to a prn benzo?  That’s what usually gets me through this sort of feeling awfulness.

I have PRN hydroxyzine to take. But I also have like 5 klonopin extra stash that I have when I accidentally missed a dose. 

Thanks dances! That’s a great idea!

I will of course call them and pester them until they call me back today. I’m pretty upset and feel like I’m not real and feel crappy in general all over. And I didn’t sleep like I normally do. But the clozapine did help some (even though I’m on a low dose). 

If I’d had known they were not going to call me back I would have taken only 1 out of my 2, 300 mg tablets of seroquel xr on the last day I had it in my box. I usually and am supposed to take 2, 300 mg tablets of seroquel xr to equal 600 mg full dose. So...that sucks. 

I just hope I get a call back today. 

Can you go to an ER to get your needed amount or would that be too expensive? I know it's a pain in the ass but I know health care professionals tell me to do that if I'm in your situation to avoid being destabilized. Also don't know if it's safe to go cold turkey on high amount of seroquel. I'm sorry for your situation. The health care system sucks! 

You should also file or register a complaint about the nurse's mistake

Edited by CeremonyNewOrder

23 hours ago, CeremonyNewOrder said:

Can you go to an ER to get your needed amount or would that be too expensive? I know it's a pain in the ass but I know health care professionals tell me to do that if I'm in your situation to avoid being destabilized. Also don't know if it's safe to go cold turkey on high amount of seroquel. I'm sorry for your situation. The health care system sucks! 

You should also file or register a complaint about the nurse's mistake

Agreed. The health care system does suck. A lot.

Yesterday at around 4 pm I got a call and nurse said I needed to come in before 5 to pick up my dose of seroquel xr for that night (last night now). Well thanks for the ample amount of time and warning for me to get there. Luckily I was free and drove straight there to get the med. 

Anyway, the nice CNA med runner was very apologetic and gave me my med box a day early so I wouldn’t have to come back the next day just to pick that up. So I appreciate her a lot. She said they are extremely short staffed. Which I believe is very true. But I needed a call back and I had been calling for 3 days. And I missed a night’s dose of a med because of this fiasco. Ugh.