CrazyBoards.org

Saw a new pdoc today.  Told her how miserable I am.  She gave me a little over a month of samples of vraylar.  Supposed to take 1.5mg for a week then go up to 3mg.  She also increased pristiq from 50mg to 100mg.

So, what is your experience on vraylar?  Good or bad I just want some input. 

30 minutes ago, gb84 said:

Saw a new pdoc today.  Told her how miserable I am.  She gave me a little over a month of samples of vraylar.  Supposed to take 1.5mg for a week then go up to 3mg.  She also increased pristiq from 50mg to 100mg.

So, what is your experience on vraylar?  Good or bad I just want some input. 

what are you looking to know

5 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

just got off of it. GOod drug, low side effect profile, felt like it gave me a boost,kept me very very very level

Why did you end up going off it?

9 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

what are you looking to know

I just want to know how it made you feel.  Currently dealing with severe depression, paranoia, delusions.  I told the pdoc I don't feel like a human being anymore.  I just exist.  

Also, do you take it in the AM or PM.  I'm worried a little bit about being able to sleep.  I have read it is activating. 

Edited by gb84

2 minutes ago, gb84 said:

I just want to know how it made you feel.  Currently dealing with severe depression, paranoia, delusions.  I told the pdoc I don't feel like a human being anymore.  I just exist.  

it was a good drug. it helped my depression. and kept my emotions level. It had very little side effects,and even seemd to give a bit of an energy boost. I dont have your other symptoms so i cannot speak to them. HOwever, I can tell you there are a good handful on this baord on vraylar or who have taken it, and I havent heard anything bad. I hope it helps u

2 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

it was a good drug. it helped my depression. and kept my emotions level. It had very little side effects,and even seemd to give a bit of an energy boost. I dont have your other symptoms so i cannot speak to them. HOwever, I can tell you there are a good handful on this baord on vraylar or who have taken it, and I havent heard anything bad. I hope it helps u

Thank you, I hope it helps as well.  

24 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

are those the only two meds you are on? what is your diagnosis?

No I'm also on gabapentin, klonopin and dexedrine.  My diagnosis is schizoaffective bipolar type, major depression, adhd inattentive and ptsd.  I'm a mess :goofy: at the moment. 

• Like 1

Timely thread...my new psychiatrist today floated replacing my Saphris with Vraylar and I have the same questions. 

My depression was destroyed. I don't have a depressed bone in my body. I can also barely sleep. I wake up at 7am no matter what. I get 6 hours of sleep every other day and on the off days I get either 2 hours of sleep or none. 

I have a retarded amount of energy in the mornings. If I have nothing to do, I start doing pushups. By the time the afternoon hits, I just want to sleep. By the time the evening hits, I no longer have any desire to sleep unless it's one of the 6 hour days, then I have a slight desire. 

Also, when I'm tired I get anxiety.

Edited by silvinator
Forgot a symptom
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, silvinator said:

My depression was destroyed. I don't have a depressed bone in my body. I can also barely sleep. I wake up at 7am no matter what. I get 6 hours of sleep every other day and on the off days I get either 2 hours of sleep or none. 

I have a retarded amount of energy in the mornings. If I have nothing to do, I start doing pushups. By the time the afternoon hits, I just want to sleep. By the time the evening hits, I no longer have any desire to sleep unless it's one of the 6 hour days, then I have a slight desire. 

Also, when I'm tired I get anxiety.

That's good and bad to know at the same time.  I don't do well without a good amount of sleep.  But considering November is just around the bend it would be nice not to fall into the usual winter depression.  I have a goal to move my weight set and rack up from the basement and into the garage so I can lift weights again.  I just haven't had the motivation or energy to do it yet.  Maybe after the vraylar kicks in I will feel up to it. 

14 minutes ago, gb84 said:

That's good and bad to know at the same time.  I don't do well without a good amount of sleep.  But considering November is just around the bend it would be nice not to fall into the usual winter depression.  I have a goal to move my weight set and rack up from the basement and into the garage so I can lift weights again.  I just haven't had the motivation or energy to do it yet.  Maybe after the vraylar kicks in I will feel up to it. 

"Motivation and energy". Something I didn't have before the Vraylar. Now I have more motivation and energy than people not on Vraylar. I'm too mentally ill to have a job, but I got a digital camera around the same time I started taking the Vraylar and I go out and take pictures like it is my job. The theory is I can eventually make money when I'm skilled. (Motivation). As far as energy goes, people keep calling me hyper and I may be starting to annoy people with it. You mentioned a weight set, and I move around so much, my legs and starting to look like tree trunks, I've lost almost all of my stomach weight, and my whole body is getting more muscular from the fact that I'm exercising out of boredom. Exercising used to be a chore for me that I gave up on in a week. Now I do it out of boredom.

• Like 1

Wow Silvinator!  Motivation is something I seriously lack.  You give me hope. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crow66 said:

Wow Silvinator!  Motivation is something I seriously lack.  You give me hope. 

Zypexa killed my motivation with a double barrel shotgun. I switched to this and I've never been more motivated since before I was mentally ill and I was like 9 years old and had the motivation to learn how to ride a unicycle. 

I want to point out that I have always responded better than the bell curve to medication. I also want to point out that last night I got 5 hours of sleep after having 7 hours of sleep the night before. The sleep problems are starting to improve. I read on another forum that after about a month on this stuff the sleep problems figure themselves out. 

@gb84 not sure what dose you're on at this point, but it may be worth sitting at the 1.5mg for a while if you can. Many people who are taking it as an antidepressant booster don't need more than 1.5mg. And it may take several SEVERAL weeks to really know the pros and cons. Vraylar has a hellishly long half-life, which means it takes weeks to build in your system. So you could start at 1.5mg and not have some side effects show up until 2-4 weeks in. Or side effects may intensify over time. This seems to be more of an issue with the 3mg.

Coincidentally enough there was a pharma rep in my pdoc's office when I came for my appointment. They were talking, and I was overhearing the conversation. My pdoc said really the only downside to Vraylar is that it's activating, so it isn't useful when patients need some sedation to level out. But he said otherwise he doesn't really have issues. His only want would be if they made an even smaller dose than 1.5mg. The pharma rep said to him that people taking it for mood can even take the 1.5mg every other day. Because of the long half-life, people don't experience any adverse events by having an every other day schedule. May be worth talking to your pdoc about it if you have tolerability issues taking 1.5mg or 3mg every day. Taking 1.5mg every other day may be worth a shot before giving up on it completely.

13 hours ago, silvinator said:

"Motivation and energy". Something I didn't have before the Vraylar. Now I have more motivation and energy than people not on Vraylar. I'm too mentally ill to have a job, but I got a digital camera around the same time I started taking the Vraylar and I go out and take pictures like it is my job. The theory is I can eventually make money when I'm skilled. (Motivation). As far as energy goes, people keep calling me hyper and I may be starting to annoy people with it. You mentioned a weight set, and I move around so much, my legs and starting to look like tree trunks, I've lost almost all of my stomach weight, and my whole body is getting more muscular from the fact that I'm exercising out of boredom. Exercising used to be a chore for me that I gave up on in a week. Now I do it out of boredom.

I just want to build my body back up to where it used to be.  I used to be so muscular I didn't have to worry about getting fat, as it was being burned as fuel.  Plus I miss the high from lifting weights. 

That's great vraylar is working for you.  Zyprexa made me lazy and gain weight as well.

Keep up with the photography if you like it.  I have a nephew who makes a great living doing freelance work.

2 hours ago, browri said:

@gb84 not sure what dose you're on at this point, but it may be worth sitting at the 1.5mg for a while if you can. Many people who are taking it as an antidepressant booster don't need more than 1.5mg. And it may take several SEVERAL weeks to really know the pros and cons. Vraylar has a hellishly long half-life, which means it takes weeks to build in your system. So you could start at 1.5mg and not have some side effects show up until 2-4 weeks in. Or side effects may intensify over time. This seems to be more of an issue with the 3mg.

Coincidentally enough there was a pharma rep in my pdoc's office when I came for my appointment. They were talking, and I was overhearing the conversation. My pdoc said really the only downside to Vraylar is that it's activating, so it isn't useful when patients need some sedation to level out. But he said otherwise he doesn't really have issues. His only want would be if they made an even smaller dose than 1.5mg. The pharma rep said to him that people taking it for mood can even take the 1.5mg every other day. Because of the long half-life, people don't experience any adverse events by having an every other day schedule. May be worth talking to your pdoc about it if you have tolerability issues taking 1.5mg or 3mg every day. Taking 1.5mg every other day may be worth a shot before giving up on it completely.

I took my first dose of 1.5mg last night.  It is pretty activating, I didn't sleep very well.  I'll have to see how I feel in a few days to make a judgement on the dosage.  My pdoc only gave me one week of 1.5mg and 5 weeks of 3mg.  I am hoping it will help my depression and get rid of the paranoia and delusional thoughts I've been having.  Today I just feel tired, but a little less irritated than usual.  But for one dose, I do feel better than I have been feeling for the past couple of months. 

• Like 2

Alright guys this insomnia is getting stupid. I normally get 8-10 hours of sleep and I'm nowhere near that anymore. Right now I'm dog tired but can't sleep at all. I'm thinking depression might be a viable alternative to this crap. Going to sleep at 1 or 2 am every day and waking up at 7 is just retarded.

• Sad 2

Well I just checked the formulary...my insurance doesn't cover it.  I can't do $1200 per month so it goes...