CrazyBoards.org

56 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

I was at 6 mg for (I think) several months, didn't cause any big issues. Took it with clozaril 

Did the higher dosage make you feel better?  I am at 3mg right now.  I was nice and calm for a few weeks.  Then the paranoia surfaced again.  But, like I mentioned it could be due to the time change.  I always get sicker at this time of year. 

Edited by gb84
Spelling

2 hours ago, gb84 said:

Did the higher dosage make you feel better?  I am at 3mg right now.  I was nice and calm for a few weeks.  Then the paranoia surfaced again.  But, like I mentioned it could be due to the time change.  I always get sicker at this time of year. 

I did well on it...well enough that we tapered off and I was able to do just clozaril. 

Sorry I was in a really bad mood last night. 

Edited by gb84

On 11/9/2018 at 1:50 PM, gb84 said:

Went up to 4.5mg today after pdoc appointment.  Hopefully all goes well. 

Dude I went full blown delusional and hearing voices yesterday on 3mg. Doc upped me to 4.5mg as well. 

Is this a common thing for this stuff to just stop working after a while?

49 minutes ago, silvinator said:

Dude I went full blown delusional and hearing voices yesterday on 3mg. Doc upped me to 4.5mg as well. 

Is this a common thing for this stuff to just stop working after a while?

Let me know how you feel on the new dosage.

I really don't know about it stopping working.  I hope that isn't the case.  I'm only a little over a month in, so I don't know yet. 

I went up since I was still having mild paranoia and some delusional thoughts, so I asked to try 4.5mg.  I've been on that dosage for a few days and it seems to have calmed that down. 

I wish there was more info.  You're the only other person on this thread who has really shared your experience.  

I do like this med so far.  Except for one day early on when I had a bout of akathisia, it has been relatively side effect free. 

The only thing I can really complain about still is sleep.  But it is getting better.  I found some extended release melatonin and it works pretty good. 

3 hours ago, gb84 said:

Let me know how you feel on the new dosage.

I really don't know about it stopping working.  I hope that isn't the case.  I'm only a little over a month in, so I don't know yet. 

I went up since I was still having mild paranoia and some delusional thoughts, so I asked to try 4.5mg.  I've been on that dosage for a few days and it seems to have calmed that down. 

I wish there was more info.  You're the only other person on this thread who has really shared your experience.  

I do like this med so far.  Except for one day early on when I had a bout of akathisia, it has been relatively side effect free. 

The only thing I can really complain about still is sleep.  But it is getting better.  I found some extended release melatonin and it works pretty good. 

Holy shit dude, we're like having a mirror image experience. I was also on it for a little over a month before I got nutty. I've been on 4.5 for 2 days and on the first day all the positive symptoms were gone.  I also have been taking extended release melatonin to help with the insomnia. It's the only thing that (partially) works.