CrazyBoards.org

How long does it take the sexual side effects of zyprexa to wear off once you stop taking it?

My doctor switched me to Vraylar and told me the sexual side effects would stop. Well the depression stopped big time, the sleeping 12 hours a day stopped HARD(a little too hard), the anxiety got amped up a notch but it hasn't been terrible for years and still isn't too bad.

I'm on this stuff for schizophrenia and I think it handles that better than the Zyprexa did. I was like 80% ok on the zyprexa but would sometimes say stuff to myself.

What annoys me is he said my sexual dysfunction would go away. I've been completely off Zyprexa for 2 weeks after having been taking it for years. He also stopped my abilify which combatted that side effect. Now all I'm on is 3mg of Vraylar and a light dose of as needed Klonopin.

The sexual side effects haven't stopped, they're slightly better in some ways and slightly worse in others. Mostly the same. I'm a male. This is irritating. I heard something about the metabolic effects of Zyprexa taking a while to wear off, but nobody was specific on what "a while" was. I know that the metabolic crap is what causes the sexual side effects. 

I spent 10 years making up excuses as to why I don't have a girlfriend, but the truth is, sex has been really boring and still is. I get a girlfriend every once in a while and then don't see the point.

Edited by silvinator
autocorrect