CrazyBoards.org

My pdoc keeps track of what meds I've already tried, through my medical records......If you want to, you can get copies of your med records at most practices,  although some practices might charge you per page to print the copies.

Also I have to admit I do remember most of them, and I've tried MANY, if you look at my sig under Ex-meds....There's probably a few I don't remember, though.

If you have insurance, the insurance company should have records of what you're currently filling...(My ins company sends me a statement every month and it tells me what I've filled).....If you use only one pharmacy, they should also be able to tell you what meds you fill each month.

It might be a good idea for you to possibly keep a notebook of the meds you're on, and any side effects you're having.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

4 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

My pdoc keeps track of what meds I've already tried, through my medical records......If you want to, you can get copies of your med records at most practices,  although some practices might charge you per page to print the copies.

Also I have to admit I do remember most of them, and I've tried MANY, if you look at my sig under Ex-meds....There's probably a few I don't remember, though.

If you have insurance, the insurance company should have records of what you're currently filling...(My ins company sends me a statement every month and it tells me what I've filled).....If you use only one pharmacy, they should also be able to tell you what meds you fill each month.

It might be a good idea for you to possibly keep a notebook of the meds you're on, and any side effects you're having.

I think I’m gonna start keeping a word

Document on my computer

• Like 1

i have two approaches.  i have a word document that lists the drug and the reason for stopping.  I also have a mood tracking app that includes medication.

Someone here had a really good approach that charted out meds over time that would show combinations--that's the main thing that my document doesn't get at .

I use two Android apps to track my current meds that I'm taking and to remind me to take them regularly: Medisafe (also on iPhone), and Med Helper (I believe it's on iPhone as well). Also, my mood tracking app, eMoods, helps keep track of taking meds.

As for what meds I've taken, I used to use Word, but now use Google Docs (either are pretty much the same, just one syncs with your Gmail account so you can access it anywhere like with your smartphone). I have a document that lists my current medications, dose, directions, what it treats, and prescriber. Then I list my surgeries, OTC supplements, etc. Then below all that on a separate page(s), I list all the meds I have taken. If you want, I can send you a copy of it in a message as an example.

It's really handy to keep up with all the meds you've taken in the past.

Edited by mikl_pls
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mikl_pls said:

I use two Android apps to track my current meds that I'm taking and to remind me to take them regularly: Medisafe (also on iPhone), and Med Helper (I believe it's on iPhone as well). Also, my mood tracking app, eMoods, helps keep track of taking meds.

As for what meds I've taken, I used to use Word, but now use Google Docs (either are pretty much the same, just one syncs with your Gmail account so you can access it anywhere like with your smartphone). I have a document that lists my current medications, dose, directions, what it treats, and prescriber. Then I list my surgeries, OTC supplements, etc. Then below all that on a separate page(s), I list all the meds I have taken. If you want, I can send you a copy of it in a message as an example.

It's really handy to keep up with all the meds you've taken in the past.

i started a wor ddocument i think im gonna be ok seems the best way to track it! ill look into those apps

10 hours ago, looking for answers said:

i started a wor ddocument i think im gonna be ok seems the best way to track it! ill look into those apps

Maybe try a spreadsheet in google docs. I was using one to track moods too until I sort of gave up during the last episode thing.

7 hours ago, looking for answers said:

Me and spreadsheets don’t get along

But... but... Why nooooot? They have such potential to be a great friend for you! They're so handy and helpful!

(This is coming from someone who's a spreadsheet addict though, so take that with a grain of salt... :P I'm also just kidding...)

Edited by mikl_pls
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mikl_pls said:

But... but... Why nooooot? They have such potential to be a great friend for you! They're so handy and helpful!

(This is coming from someone who's a spreadsheet addict though, so take that with a grain of salt... :P I'm also just kidding...)

haha i just have never learned how to use them well

4 hours ago, looking for answers said:

haha i just have never learned how to use them well

I understand. They can be pretty tricky. I had to take a class in 7th grade to learn how to use Office, so I guess that's how I got started with them.

I have two documents to track my treatment history. I detailed them in this post from the spring.

One is simply a list of meds organized by function/class. Each med I note the dates I took it, the maximum dose I took, who prescribed it and what my thoughts were on it, including why I stopped. At the top of the document is a list of my current meds with the prescriber, dose and date I started taking them. I also keep track of when I have been in hospital, which hospital I was at and my overall feelings about each stay (to reference next time I have to choose somewhere to go IP).

I have a second document that is a timeline showing all the meds I've got records on and my hospitalizations and other treatments (TMS, ECT, ketamine), so I can see what the cocktails looked like with each med.

These documents are stored on my computer harddrive, which is regularly backed up to a separate external drive. I don't keep them "in the cloud" (e.g. doing them in Google Docs) because I have privacy concerns about just handing Google my health history. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Geek said:

I have two documents to track my treatment history. I detailed them in this post from the spring.

One is simply a list of meds organized by function/class. Each med I note the dates I took it, the maximum dose I took, who prescribed it and what my thoughts were on it, including why I stopped. At the top of the document is a list of my current meds with the prescriber, dose and date I started taking them. I also keep track of when I have been in hospital, which hospital I was at and my overall feelings about each stay (to reference next time I have to choose somewhere to go IP).

I have a second document that is a timeline showing all the meds I've got records on and my hospitalizations and other treatments (TMS, ECT, ketamine), so I can see what the cocktails looked like with each med.

These documents are stored on my computer harddrive, which is regularly backed up to a separate external drive. I don't keep them "in the cloud" (e.g. doing them in Google Docs) because I have privacy concerns about just handing Google my health history. 

that sounds awesome. Im going to prorgressively keep adding to my word document i created, more and more details

9 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

@Geek you were the person I was thinking of with the cool charts.  It would have been so useful for me to have attempted something along that line. 

It’s not too late! I would be happy to share templates that you can put your own history in. Even incomplete records can be very beneficial, especially the timeline style for looking at cocktails. 

This is something that can be done in bits and pieces, you certainly needn’t do it all in one sitting. The benefits are huge and once you’ve started it, maintaining it is a cinch.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:48 AM, dancesintherain said:

i have two approaches.  i have a word document that lists the drug and the reason for stopping.  I also have a mood tracking app that includes medication.

Someone here had a really good approach that charted out meds over time that would show combinations--that's the main thing that my document doesn't get at .

I created my own excel spreadsheet, that way I can tailor what I want to tract.