CrazyBoards.org

Insomnia caused by Vraylar. Trazodone hit me like a truck but didn't make me sleep.

Let me start off by saying that my doctor may have wanted me to take 1mg of klonopin with it, while I only took .5mg. He was quite unclear about that. 

It helped me get to sleep like a charm. The thing is, I only got 5 hours of sleep. Now I woke up feeling hung over. I read something online that says if I have a cup of coffee with Trazodone it will cause seizures, so I chucked out my coffee.

Already took the morning Vraylar to wake me up, I still feel like a zombie.

@silvinator, did you just start the Trazodone?.......What is your dosage?

It might be that you need to talk to pdoc about increasing the Trazodone dose just a bit, and also clarify with pdoc about how much klonopin he wants you to take.

The "hangover effect" is pretty common when first starting Trazodone.....I take 200mg Traz every night--it's my main sleep med......Sometimes I feel a bit foggy in the morning, but a few cups of coffee take care of that.

I have never heard of coffee + Trazodone causing seizures, and I've taken it for years..

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 2

Just now, CrazyRedhead said:

@silvinator, did you just start the Trazodone?.......What is your dosage?

It might be that you need to talk to pdoc about increasing the Trazodone dose just a bit, and also clarify with pdoc about how much klonopin he wants you to take.

The "hangover effect" is pretty common when first starting Trazodone.....I take 200mg Traz every night--it's my main sleep med......Sometimes I feel a bit foggy in the morning, but a few cups of coffee take care of that.

I have never heard of coffee + Trazodone causing seizures, and I've taken it for years.....But, I assume you are taking the Trazodone at bedtime, so why would you want to drink coffee at bedtime?.......

I am taking it at bedtime. It's the morning and I want to feel better. Can I drink some coffee???? I'm on 50mg

• Like 1

@silvinator, Yes, I drink coffee (several cups) in the morning, after taking Trazodone at night......Been doing it for years....No harm in drinking the coffee, I've never had a seizure or anything else bad happen.

50mg is a typical starting dose for Trazodone....If you're still having trouble sleeping on that dose, ask doc about increasing it to 75-100mg.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

@silvinator, Yes, I drink coffee (several cups) in the morning, after taking Trazodone at night......Been doing it for years....No harm in drinking the coffee, I've never had a seizure or anything else bad happen.

50mg is a typical starting dose for Trazodone....If you're still having trouble sleeping on that dose, ask doc about increasing it to 75-100mg.

I've had like 3 sips and I'm already starting to feel better. Thank god you exist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1