CrazyBoards.org

Biting tongue and cheek

I've had undiagnosed anxiety for a long time but I managed well. Last year I had a severe bipolar episode, my anxiety skyrocketed so I was diagnosed with bipolar and gad. I was off work over the summer and I was fine. I went back to work in August and since then I've been biting my tongue and cheek and not just in my sleep. My pdoc said to use a mouthguard and I try. It comes out sometimes and I do it unconsciously during the day. 

I'm nearly at my wits end. It hurts. I can't eat anything spicy or seasoned. Too hot or too cold. It is awful but I don't know what to do. I've never done this before. Any help? Therapy? Pdoc? Quit my job?

1 hour ago, HugeBummer said:

Sorry to hear that. I also have severe mouth-related symptoms with anxiety. To avoid grinding my teeth to dust, i got a mouthgard from my MD, it's been working not too bad. Cheers!

MD was it a family doctor? I've heard the mouth guards are very expensive. I bought one from the pharmacy but it's not working. It fell out last night. 

1 hour ago, Stephani8o said:

MD was it a family doctor? I've heard the mouth guards are very expensive. I bought one from the pharmacy but it's not working. It fell out last night. 

Yes family doctor. About the price, i couldn't tell you, the insurance took care of it (Europe yay!).