CrazyBoards.org

Orthostatic hypotension

I believe I am having episodes of this. I stand up, get dizzy and completely black out. I end up leaning on something or even on the floor until my vision comes back. I had bad orthostatic hypotension when I was on a high dose of Zoloft, I completely passed out a few times. It’s not as bad as it was then but it’s getting close to it.

Any thoughts? I don’t really want to change my meds as I am finally feeling stable. I will bring it up to my pdoc though.

24 minutes ago, Juniper29 said:

Any thoughts? I don’t really want to change my meds as I am finally feeling stable. I will bring it up to my pdoc though.

Yes, I would recommend calling pdoc ASAP and let them know.....You may need a complete physical work-up to determine the cause.

I know you said you don't want to change your meds now, but SSRIs and atypical anti-psychotics can potentially cause orthostatic hypotension:     https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2493295/

Edited by CrazyRedhead