CrazyBoards.org

It sounds as if you are on some effective medications. What interests you? Do you enjoy exercise, reading, spirituality, religion, music, travel?  I find that my interests serve to envelop my mind in meaningful or pleasurable pursuits. Of course I get depressed from time to time, but I never lose hope. Faith has been a big part of my life, prayer can lift our spirits and offer hope for the future.

• Like 1

hi, welcome to crazyboards! i'm sorry you're struggling so much right now, but you've come to the right place. i don't mean to interview you, but if you could answer a few questions it'll narrow down the best advice for you.

what symptoms are you struggling most with right now?

how long have you been on the anafranil? if you don't feel it's helping, you can always try something different, though i'm assuming you've tried a few already if you're on a tricyclic. it would be helpful if you could create a list of meds you've tried already and whether they helped. that way we can start giving you some ideas, med-wise.

are you seeing a therapist/counsellor (tdoc)? therapy can be really effective on the areas where medication isn't working.

there are a lot of options and many people on the boards have been through the wringer finding something that works. don't lose hope.

Edited by echolocation

I don’t know what all you’ve tried or who you’ve seen but I can tell you I’ve been in a similar place with similar issues. I tried so many meds. Finally my pdoc told me some people are just depressed. That was not helpful at all. In the end, my insurance changed and I needed to change pdocs. That was the best move ever, I got on different meds and for the first time in my life have had significant time not depressed. There’s more to the story but my point is that even after years it can be possible to improve with the right med combo. Please keep that in mind and keep trying even if you need different pdoc to get there. I understand that when you’re depressed it’s hard to even have interests, hobbies, or such and I’ve been there too. I don’t know if this has helped at all but I hope so—I was so bad for so long, I wish anyone had ever told me it could be different. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...