CrazyBoards.org

Has anyone else experienced gabapentin withdrawal? I have been taking it for several months at 2x 100mg daily and 300mg nightly. I stopped taking it because I thought it wasn't doing anything for my anxiety. I felt great for a few days, sleeping better, brain less foggy, but after that I started getting anxiety, depression, headaches, body pain, nausea, irritability. I started taking the 2x 100mg daily again trying to taper down, but still feeling the withdrawal. I'm wondering how long this will last, and how I will get off it.

I recently tried to reduce my dose without talking to my pdoc about it (I know, bad idea) because I thought it wasn’t doing anything. I went from 300 mg to 200 mg. After two days of the lower dose I was extremely anxious, irritable and delusional. I resumed the full dose and things stabilized.

29 minutes ago, Juniper29 said:

I recently tried to reduce my dose without talking to my pdoc about it (I know, bad idea) because I thought it wasn’t doing anything. I went from 300 mg to 200 mg. After two days of the lower dose I was extremely anxious, irritable and delusional. I resumed the full dose and things stabilized.

are you still at 300-ish? ...nm :dunce:

I wonder if a higher dose would also help your hallucinations?

Edited by argh
man i need sleep.

35 minutes ago, argh said:

are you still at 300-ish? ...nm :dunce:

I wonder if a higher dose would also help your hallucinations?

Idk. At one point pdoc suggested increasing it. She actually prescribed 400 mg but my insurance refused to pay for it, so I guess I would have to jump straight to 600?

On 10/26/2018 at 8:11 AM, Juniper29 said:

Idk. At one point pdoc suggested increasing it. She actually prescribed 400 mg but my insurance refused to pay for it, so I guess I would have to jump straight to 600?

I’d say that it might be a good idea to try 600. I noticed a pretty big change going from 300 to 600. Still a low dose in the grand scheme of things

less anger and irritability. Much less anxiety. I’m able to get over things much easier that bother me if it makes any sense. Not immune to being perturbed, but definitely takes the edge off