CrazyBoards.org

How much Seroquel for Depression

I'm kind of in limbo with Cymbalta, it doesn't seem to be working, and I don't get in to see my PDoc for another couple weeks.

I have lots of seroquel and my nurse/pdoc are ok with me moving it around up to I think 100mg or so.

Will 100mg be enough to help lift depression?  I'm currently taking 50mg, slept a lot....

6 hours ago, BrianOCD said:

I'm kind of in limbo with Cymbalta, it doesn't seem to be working, and I don't get in to see my PDoc for another couple weeks.

I have lots of seroquel and my nurse/pdoc are ok with me moving it around up to I think 100mg or so.

Will 100mg be enough to help lift depression?  I'm currently taking 50mg, slept a lot....

The depression dose for Seroquel is 300 mg. That's the dose at which its antidepressant effects really kick in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DammitJanet said:

My pdoc has told me the xr version is less prone to cause weight gain. Just thought I’d toss that in there. 

@BrianOCD

I can personally say this has been true for me. I took the IR seroquel for many, many years. Once I switched to the XR seroquel I lost like 30 lbs without doing much of anything different to my diet or exercise. I love the XR seroquel. It is much smoother and it still helps me sleep at night. I’m not taking it four times a day either like I was with the IR seroquel. Now with the xr I take it once a day. IME it’s really superior to the IR. But ymmv of course. Some prefer the IR. 

Edited by Wonderful.Cheese

On 10/29/2018 at 5:00 PM, Iceberg said:

Also I think the XR form is recommended if your not already on that 

I did try the XR, but it wasn't the same for me.  IR seems to work at least temporarily.

I've gotten so many conflicting things on Seroquel.  My PDoc seems to think it's most anti-Manic and better for anxiety.  However when I read about it, it's approved for Bipolar Depression.

Edited by BrianOCD