CrazyBoards.org

And can barely hold it together.

Not sure if I'll get unemployment.

Don't know what to say on applications for "reason you left" last job

Any advice?

That is always a hard one. I have been fired before (for bad behavior/rudeness to coworkers). The best way to smooth that over with future employers is to say something along the lines of "the job no longer was a fit for me and my current career goals". It may be BS compared to the real reason why you left,  however it beats saying I was fired because I was negligent/tardy/irresponsible/etc etc. Now this works up to a certain point, it may be a different story if they call your previous employer for a reference check/ask questions. 

Its hard to determine if you will get unemployment since you didn't share the exact cause of your termination. I wasn't able to do that since it was technically a behavioral issue on my part that caused the termination.

I hope this was helpful, this will be over soon I promise. I've been there, you are in a hole but there is always a shovel to dig your way out.

Good advice, except how would I explain any absences between jobs?

I was let go in the first 7 days because I "Wasn't a good fit". He didn't want to get into specifics

If I were you, I'd take some time to analyze why it is that you were fired from so many jobs. Are you applying to jobs that are not a good fit for you? Are you missing too much work? Etc. That way, you can correct the behavior that gets you fired. You can even work on it with a therapist.

For example, you said you were let go because "you weren't a good fit." But this just means that your boss wasn't comfortable telling you the reason or didn't want to hurt your feelings. It is certainly worth sitting down with yourself and try to find the most likely cause of getting fired. As I said, then you can work on it including in therapy.

• Like 1