CrazyBoards.org

Work and BP

I had some BP incidents that led me to miss 3 days of work this week. I've been physically sick too, so I've been blaming my lack of attendence on that. However, today I got a call from my liason (person who works between me and my client- I'm a consultant) saying he "wants to talk to me".

NATURALLY, I am in super-anxiety mode. I'm looking at that bottle of K like it is my salvation. But K isn't strong enough to back me out of this. I'm so terrified of being fired!

THEN, yes, there are options for me if I get fired, like unemployment (from my last job- I've had this job for like 3 weeks and the other for several months), living with my MOM, and waiting it out until I either get another job or my SSDI goes through (which will take 50 years).

Help! What can I do to control the situation? I feel so helpless. Maybe I am helpless. Just venting I guess.

AND- if they want an MD note, it would be from my MI clinic! I don't want to disclose, but if they looked it up they'd find out. If they were too lazy, and they could be, then they wouldn't find out. I'm terrified.

True Tommy- While I'm shaking like a leaf in hell and wishing for my K to save me, others may think I'm just ultra-on top of it and motivated. It is still impossible to take...

and the possibility of getting canned is as well...

Loon a tik,

Being sick and having BP problems sure makes for a rough week. But everybody gets sick, and three days is not unreasonable. 

Don't get shaken over the message. After all, its your client liaison, not your supervisor. He probably wants to give you a heads up on a project, or even to see how you are feeling and when to expect you back at work.

Don't let this keep you from going back to work tomorrow.

A.M.

"He probably wants to give you a heads up on a project, or even to see how you are feeling and when to expect you back at work." ---> AirMarshall

You were right. That was all it was. I totally flipped over nothing. Usual for me! lol

Archived