CrazyBoards.org

Seasonal affective disorder

7 minutes ago, gb84 said:

Tomorrow is D-day, when I start going downhill big time.  I have a pdoc appointment next Friday and need possible solutions to discuss. 

So, for seasonal affective disorder, what works for you and what doesn't? 

Have you ever tried the light box therapy? It made me hypomanic so my pdoc said I couldn’t use it anymore. Now my light therapy box is rotting in my closet. But maybe with starting clozapine I could try it again? 

I know how you feel. I’d do anything to beat the downhill occurrence. But anything they try makes me hypo/manic. My pdoc won’t let me touch an AD or light box therapy. I get manic too easily. But is suffering through depression really any better?

21 hours ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

Have you ever tried the light box therapy? It made me hypomanic so my pdoc said I couldn’t use it anymore. Now my light therapy box is rotting in my closet. But maybe with starting clozapine I could try it again? 

I know how you feel. I’d do anything to beat the downhill occurrence. But anything they try makes me hypo/manic. My pdoc won’t let me touch an AD or light box therapy. I get manic too easily. But is suffering through depression really any better?

I have a couple light boxes, but they really don't do much.