CrazyBoards.org

Absolutely no energy in the evenings?!?!

After about 4-5 pm or so I become just a totally and completely worthless person. Like I lose what little oomph I had for the day at that point. Then the inevitable crawling into bed and laying around until I go to bed super early occurs.

Why can’t I have at least a tiny bit of energy or something to keep me out of bed at evening or late afternoon?

Is my nuvigil wearing off at that point? What’s happening that I just become absolutely void of all energy or ability to stay awake at that point of the day? And what can be done to remedy this? Anyone go through this and have any tricks or cures? 

13 hours ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

After about 4-5 pm or so I become just a totally and completely worthless person. Like I lose what little oomph I had for the day at that point. Then the inevitable crawling into bed and laying around until I go to bed super early occurs. 

Has this been going on for awhile, or did it start recently?

Edited by CrazyRedhead

14 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Has this been going on for awhile, or did it start recently?

No. This has been going on forever it seems. Not just winter. I become a lump and can’t do a thing. I’d like to be productive and cook or clean or a least stay out of bed. Whether that be to crochet or even veg out with my iPad sitting up on the couch. The iPad would be the least ideal. I’d rather do something a bit more. But I’ll take what I can get. 

I do wonder if it’s my nuvigil wearing off. Leaving me completely useless and unable to do anything but lay around in bed. But it could be something else too. I’m not sure. 

13 hours ago, CeremonyNewOrder said:

I find I tend to get tired earlier during the winter time because of it getting darker earlier

The winter doesn’t help for sure. But this happens to me year round unfortunately. And I’m sick of it. :(

I’m contemplating calling my sleep dr for a late afternoon dose of something like adderal to keep me out of bed and awake until bedtime. That would be so amazing if I could be alert enough to stay out of bed in the afternoon into the evening and not go to bed at 6 pm.

can you tell if you're emotionally tired or physically tired?  I'll sometimes lay in bed really early because I'm emotionally tired...whether it be depression, anxiety, etc.  I have had enough of dealing with the day and feel like i just need to crash.  For those sort of emotionally tired days, I'm not sure how much meds would help.  They might.  But I'm not 100% sure.  For more physically tired days, I could see a med helping better. 

I can't speak to a second dose of something in the afternoon, but I see there's another thread on that, so I'll let you get good advice there :-)

Different mood disorders have different symptom presentation. I'm at my worst in the morning and it improves as the day passes. That is common in atypical depression, which I have.

Sometimes a low dose stimulant does the trisk. Provigil/Nuvigil probably would wake you up and give energy in the evenings.

• 4 weeks later...