CrazyBoards.org

On Zyprexa - still very irritable with mood swings

I worked my way up to 5mg of Zyprexa last 10 days, but still very irritable.  I snap at everyone, so everyone is naturally leaving me alone.  I don't like living this way.  Left a message with my prescribing doctor about this irritability issue.  Update, prescribing doc called and suggested I go up 1/4 of a tablet and get the irritability and mood swings under control before I start the Lamictal.  So, took another 1/4 tablet which makes 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet I have taken so far this morning. 

Seizure doc prescribed Lamictal, but holding off starting that until I feel more stable on Zyprexa. 

Zyprexa used to calm my mind, not sure why it's not working so well this time around.  I have been on all the other anti-psychotics and Zyprexa is the only one I can tolerate.  Anti-depressants don't work for me, can't tolerate any of the SSRI's. 

In the middle of a card game last Monday, I got mad at one of the players, threw my cards down on the table and left.  That is not like me, I never display anger towards anyone.  Very upset over all this irritability and moodiness and now what happened at the card game, very ashamed of my behavior.  I have since apologized to the person I offended, will attend the card game this evening and see how I do.  Gulp !!

Edited by Dewey
Update