CrazyBoards.org

Anxiety and Concentration?

Loon,

My anxiety messes with my brain in so far as it messes with my concentration.  That said, my anxiety is very low level now and my brain still doesn't always want to concentrate.

Tommy

Anxiety definitley impairs my brain power.  When I'm having a panick attack, I can't drive worth a shit and straddle lanes and hit stupid poles in parking garages (  ;) don't ask).  I can't get anything accomplished at work, when I'm normally goal oriented and pretty sharp on the task.  I've got to take my Xanax on those hard days to counter my brain freak out.

Most likely it's a combo of the anxiety and the meds, particularly the AAPs.  I know that since starting Seroquel for insomnia, my memory's gone to shit and my cognitive processes in general have slowed down.  Benzos probably don't help either.  But anxiety will definitely impair cognition, particularly in high pressure, high stress situations, at least for me.

I agree.  Anxiety def. messes w/my brain!  Been in a brain fog for the last 3 months now and I think my brain is starting to turn to mush due to taking xanax to sleep for that time, not to mention the serious bags under my eyes!  Oh for that one good nights sleep! ;) Kris.

Definately does for me. I tend to experience derealization when I'm around people. It's like my mind wants to get out of there. Fight or flight response.  I can fight it sometimes, but it wears me out completely.

Anxiety definitely affects my ability to concentrate and my ability to get/stay organized. The symptoms mimic ADD, but they ebb and flow with my anxiety level. It never completely goes away, but that's b/c I have had GAD all my life.

Archived