CrazyBoards.org

Possibly the Rexulti.

from the Rexulti website.

• Unusual urges. Some people taking REXULTI have had unusual urges, such as gambling, binge eating or eating that you cannot control (compulsive), compulsive shopping and sexual urges.

If you or your family members notice that you are having unusual urges or behaviors, talk to your healthcare provider.

Interesting. For me it means getting hypomanic or manic and it’s devastating to my financial stability. I hope you can get it sorted out. I had it blown off to my great detriment, insist they take it seriously if that happens.  It can really be a problem, I know. Maybe other meds would help, talking to the nurse is a good plan. 

My understanding is that impulse control issues can occur with dopamine agonists and/or partial agonists like Rexulti.

If this is a severe issue, perhaps consider an AAP that is an antagonist vs a partial agonist.

IIRC, the partial agonists are Rexulti, Abilify and Vraylar.

I have had the same problem for quite some time, ever since I've been on Abilify.

My pdoc has been successfully managing the issue with off-label use of Namenda though. It helps quite a lot, which is strange because Namenda is a dopamine agonist itself too. But I do still find myself impulse buying every now and then, though not nearly as much as I used to. It was a real problem before. I racked up some serious credit card debt back in the summer.

Edited by mikl_pls