CrazyBoards.org

I'm on both ssdi and ssi..

In September I had my review..

They know all my information and know I pay my part of the household..

So nothing changed..

In October I received a letter stating that they were going to start lowering my payments for not only ssdi but also ssi starting November..

And not by a small amount but practically in half..

Their reasoning for the ssi reduction was that I was getting more income from ssdi..but this isn't true since they reduced both..

They also want to put me on medicare..starting March..

They could start deducting this from my funds..this will leave me even more broke..

I was receiving medicaid this whole time..

I've made phone calls..

Received threatening letters..

I got a letter telling me to apply for extra help..got a letter saying I didn't need to bother applying for that..

So does that mean my insurance won't change at all and no deductions will be made?..

I am so sick of dealing with this..

I don't know what to do at this point..

I don't know how to prove I'm paying my part of the household expenses..

I live with my mom..they have known this from the beginning..

I just want to get my original payments back..

Should I make an appointment with my local social security office at this point?..

I feel so threatened..

And do not trust them..

Edited by coraline

10 minutes ago, coraline said:

I'm on both ssdi and ssi..

In September I had my review..

They know all my information and know I pay my part of the household..

So nothing changed..

In October I received a letter stating that they were going to start lowering my payments starting November..

And not by a small amount but practically in half..

They also want to put me on medicare..starting March..

They could start deducting this from my funds..this will leave me even more broke..

I was receiving medicaid this whole time..

I've made phone calls..

Received threatening letters..

I got a letter telling me to apply for extra help..got a letter saying I didn't need to bother applying for that..

So does that mean my insurance won't change at all and no deductions will be made?..

I am so sick of dealing with this..

I don't know what to do at this point..

I don't know how to prove I'm paying my part of the household expenses..

I live with my mom..they have known this from the beginning..

I just want to get my original payments back..

Should I make an appointment with my local social security office at this point?..

I feel so threatened..

And do not trust them..

I would definitely make an appointment with a face to face person at your local social security office at this point. Bring with you all the letters. Tell them about the phone calls and mixed info you have been getting. Do you have any receipts for groceries you’ve paid for or utilities bills you’ve paid for or rent checks you’ve given your mom? Bring those as proof if you have them. And maybe having your mom at the appointment would help too?

IME I had to fill out a form for Extra Help. But YMMV. I don’t know why they don’t want you to fill that out? Someone somewhere has maybe given you mixed up info. Because it seems like you’ve been given contradicting information on what you should do at this point.

And I suggest you call on Monday to get an appointment just in case they are booked out far out. You want to get this taken care of way before March just so they can get everything fixed before then, and unfortunately these changes they need to make can take time. Frustrating but true. 

Don’t let this lapse and all of a sudden they are taking out half your SSDI/SSI. I made a mistake and was without Medicaid in a hospital and got slaughtered with a $30,000 hospital bill because I was without insurance for half that stay or so. The protection and advocacy lawyer couldn’t even help me. I’m not trying to scare you, I just don’t want you to make my similar ish mistakes. I know it won’t be easy but it’s best to be this figured out now since you are aware there is a problem or at minimum contradicting info. You are lucky you are aware there is a problem so you can take care of it. I was dumbfounded when I got that $30,000 bill in the mail by that evil and greedy hospital. I had no idea there was a problem and no one told me about it. 

Good luck! You can do this! Stand up for your rights!

• Like 1

@coraline, I agree with Cheese....At this point, you have gotten some very confusing info from SSA.

You, or your mom, really need to call your local SSA office ASAP,  to schedule an in-person appt with someone.....Someone who can explain what is actually going on with this.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

@coraline I don’t trust the government either. I feel like I’m being monitored too. I feel like they are trying to prove I’m not disabled anymore so they can take away my SSDI. I know you feel similarly to how I feel in some or most ways. I’m sorry that this is stressing you out so much and is so hard on you. I would be freaking out if this was happening to me.

But unfortunately we have to take care of the government’s messes and we are the ones who pay for it (like freaking out and feeling scared and bad). 

So I know it will be very hard but at this point I can’t see any other option than to see someone in person. Definitely bring your mom with if you can. I would definitely bring someone with me if I had to go to an appointment like this. 

Ugh. I feel for you. I’m sorry you have to go through this just to get your benefits straightened out. It should be so simple, but they’ve messed up somewhere somehow and now you are so stressed and that’s not fair. I’m angry this is happening to you. I’ll be sending good thoughts your way. <3