CrazyBoards.org

Adderall to vyvanse to adderall

SO i was on adderall as some have seen in my posts. I was adderall xr30 1 x day. It wasnt strong enough, didnt last long enough. SO we went to vyvanse 50mg. it was amazing. Smooth, lasted all day, and just unreal effects on my depression. But it was giving me severe raynauds disease. So i had to reluctantly switch. THe first thought was lets try adderall again. I told Pdoc i was petrified because i havent been doing this good in 3 years He honestly is scared to. But we went back to adderall XR30 AM, with a 20mg IR booster in the afternoon. Im so scared this isnt gonna work and im gonna sink again. Today is the first day back on adderall. One thing Ive noticed. 

Usually adderall after 30 min u can feel it, then after an hour theres that "fire". Its not smooth like vyvanse. Its been 2 hours. I literally havent felt anything. I dont feel tired or down. Maybe im just more used to stimulants. But its odd. Maybe its not powerful enough. I dunno. well see what happens. Im just kinda typing out my thoughts here. Venting a bit. Anyone else have experience bouncing back and forth

I hate the extended release versions of all forms of amphetamine. Very uneven effects. I've taken them all, Dexedrine Spansule, Adderall XR, Vyvanse, others. Vyvanse was smooth but I needed a dose higher than 70 mg (which is only about 30 mg dextroamphetamine) and pdoc wanted to do that so we moved to IR formulations. This works soooo much better. I get 3 30 mg mixed amphetamine salts (Adderall IR) tabs a day and I am free to take them whenever or however I would like to. Presently doing 60 mg AM and 30 mg in the afternoon and this is the best it has ever been with amphetamines. I have a 30 year treatment history of being prescribed this or that amphetamine formulation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notloki said:

I hate the extended release versions of all forms of amphetamine. Very uneven effects. I've taken them all, Dexedrine Spansule, Adderall XR, Vyvanse, others. Vyvanse was smooth but I needed a dose higher than 70 mg (which is only about 30 mg dextroamphetamine) and pdoc wanted to do that so we moved to IR formulations. This works soooo much better. I get 3 30 mg mixed amphetamine salts (Adderall IR) tabs a day and I am free to take them whenever or however I would like to. Presently doing 60 mg AM and 30 mg in the afternoon and this is the best it has ever been with amphetamines. I have a 30 year treatment history of being prescribed this or that amphetamine formulation.

interesting. it does seem uneven. But like i said before when i was on the 30XR prior after 30min i feel something, 60 min its in. would last like 6-7 hours and fall off a cliff. I have felt NO kick in today

Vyvanse was awesome for me personally. the 50mg was enough, and lasted all day, and crushed my depression. 

Ive though about doing the IR tabs. but for starters i didnt wanna be taking multiple pills, which i am now anyways. Plus this was Pdocs suggestion. i mentioned dexadrine he didnt even respond to that.

He told me we can try this, somethingg thats an older stim that he hasnt prescribed in eyars, but last a while, i dont remember the name. Or mydayis. I wanted mydayis, but he said not try it first because right in there pamphlet it said it can cause circulation issues. Which obviously is why i had to come off vyvanse

so no kick in symptoms, no real feeling of effect at all, but i felt decent today. Did feel it fall off, but i didnt take the IR due to it being later in the day.......since i got up late.

went to the gym, was quite dizzy and ramped up when working out, which i was last time on adderall, and when i first started vyvanse.

Feel kinda dizzy and foggy right now since the adderall has wore off, didnt get the on vyvanse it lasted all day.

So im taking the XR with an IR "booster" how long after taking the XR would u take the IR. At some point there would be overlap amking it more intense right? Also isnt 20mg IR stronger than 30 mg XR(15IR, 15XR)? how long does the IR last for you guys? i dont wanna not be able to sleep

Day 3 on adderall. Hands did the Raynaud’s thing again.

i don’t feel any real boost from the adderall. I feel less elevated mood, more anxious, more cranky. Not awful still better than before. But not as good as vyvanse.

ive read even though a stim works immediately, it can take some time to build up. Any truth @mikl_pls @browri

@notloki @dancesintherain

2 hours ago, looking for answers said:

Day 3 on adderall. Hands did the Raynaud’s thing again.

i don’t feel any real boost from the adderall. I feel less elevated mood, more anxious, more cranky. Not awful still better than before. But not as good as vyvanse.

ive read even though a stim works immediately, it can take some time to build up. Any truth @mikl_pls @browri

@notloki @dancesintherain

That's no good about the Raynaud's thing... I wonder why that's happening?

Yes, it's true that there are immediate effects, but there are some effects that do take time to build up within the first few weeks I'd say. That's just my experience anyway.

27 minutes ago, mikl_pls said:

That's no good about the Raynaud's thing... I wonder why that's happening?

Yes, it's true that there are immediate effects, but there are some effects that do take time to build up within the first few weeks I'd say. That's just my experience anyway.

thanks, hopefully ill give the adderall some time.

Yeah not sure why it happened on vyvanse and not the adderall before.

Funny i dont see it listed under adderall but its there for vyvanse and mydayis.

doc said it can happen with stims because of vasoconstriction

4 hours ago, looking for answers said:

im also seeing zilch about it needing time to reach full effect, i swear i read that

I just remember right when I first started Adderall 6 years ago, I felt some effects immediately, but there was a sort of build up  to the full effect that happened over the first week or so. Initially I noticed mainly mood boost, appetite loss, weight loss, etc., but over the first week I noted also markedly increased focus, reduced anxiety, and decreased lethargy and fatigue. My anxiety continued to decrease over the next month as I followed up with my doctor the next visit. I told him about it and he said that's very common in people with ADHD who take stimulants.

7 hours ago, looking for answers said:

thanks, hopefully ill give the adderall some time.

Yeah not sure why it happened on vyvanse and not the adderall before.

Funny i dont see it listed under adderall but its there for vyvanse and mydayis.

doc said it can happen with stims because of vasoconstriction

Wellbutrin is a stim, albeit a mild one. Were you on it while taking adderal the first time around? Maybe with adderal it’s enough to cause the vasoconstriction?

5 hours ago, mikl_pls said:

I just remember right when I first started Adderall 6 years ago, I felt some effects immediately, but there was a sort of build up  to the full effect that happened over the first week or so. Initially I noticed mainly mood boost, appetite loss, weight loss, etc., but over the first week I noted also markedly increased focus, reduced anxiety, and decreased lethargy and fatigue. My anxiety continued to decrease over the next month as I followed up with my doctor the next visit. I told him about it and he said that's very common in people with ADHD who take stimulants.

ok well maybe the mood and anxiety boost will come, i can focus. but i am not having the mood and anxiety properties that vyvanse had , thank you!

4 hours ago, argh said:

Wellbutrin is a stim, albeit a mild one. Were you on it while taking adderal the first time around? Maybe with adderal it’s enough to cause the vasoconstriction?

i was on it with adderall the first time. THe vasoconstriction was on the vyvanse NOT adderall, tahts why i got off the vyvanse unfortunately

It can take some time for levels to build. With Vyvanse, you were already taking dextroamphetamine. So you likely already have steady levels of that. Switching from Vyvanse to Adderall, you now have to build up levels of levoamphetamine which has a longer half-life than dextro and therefore can take a bit longer. But still only about a week. So expect the first week to be more energy and motivation. Perhaps a little amped. Then it calms down after a week.

1 minute ago, looking for answers said:

Meh aside from

shakiness  and flushing I’m not motivated, and not mood boosting like vyvanse

Yeah I never found Adderall to really be mood-boosting the way that Vyvanse is. Vyvanse makes me feel more social whereas Adderall makes me more grouchy.