CrazyBoards.org

ananke

Brexit: who even knows at this point

On 7/28/2019 at 5:12 PM, Velvet Elvis said:

I've heard speculation that BJ could be on the spectrum.  Does anyone know i there's any truth to that at all?  I only mention it because the 

He has got muppetitis, and unfortunately that is cruelty to Kermit and Miss Piggy and the Swedish Chef. 

No in all honestly he looks out for #1 - He, Himself and Him.  Lets just say his opinion changes every time it will benefit him. And pro-EU nonsense has appeared from him, and then he suddenly changed sides in earl 2016, to increase his chances of being Prime Monster. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 5:12 PM, Velvet Elvis said:

I've heard speculation that BJ could be on the spectrum.  Does anyone know i there's any truth to that at all?  I only mention it because the 

The first time I ever heard of the guy was when he was a guest on Top Gear, before it was common knowledge in the US that Clarkson is pretty deplorable himself.   The two of them remain mentally linked in my head, which has become more and more appropriate as I've learned more about each.  

I've been looking for ways to emmigrate to NZ from the US since the Bush years.  They don't want crazy people, nor does anywhere else with a public health care system.  

He's on a spectrum, at the dickhead end. More yer typical garden variety narcissist. A neurofuckwit. No truth in the idea that he's on the spectrum. If he finds it hard to empathise and understand most people it's because he's a privileged and solipsistic bellend.

Oh Clarkson! Interesting that you mention him because some British people are so patronising towards Americans behind your backs, while being pathetically sycophantic to their faces. Clarkson was like that - all smug and superior one minute but oooh! Tom Cruise is on the show! Do you want me to push my tongue further up your butthole Tom?  There's a lot of that with some of the Brexit enthusiasts. They're like a girl at a school disco who complains about how stupid and uncivilised he is with his big muscles and lack of respect for authority, but is he looking over here? Is he coming over here? Oh I'm going to melt! Farage and Trump. Moist! We don't want to be in a partnership amongst equal countries, we want to be America's gimp.

Don't mean to sound anti-American because I'm not. Difficult times over that side of the pond too, and I don't generalise because I know that many Americans think the guy's a disgrace. 'Send him back!' Don't know where people with that orange skin tone come from but I wish he'd fuck off back there. Everything the guy says is bullshit but the other week he said that British people love him. I found that fucking offensive. We really don't. We feel sorry for the Americans who have enough brain cells to rub together to realise what a fucking arsehole he is. And I know there's a lot of them, in case that sounded a bit too patronising. We're both governed by morons.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2019 at 10:47 PM, Fluent In Silence said:

Everything the guy says is bullshit but the other week he said that British people love him. I found that fucking offensive. We really don't. We feel sorry for the Americans who have enough brain cells to rub together to realise what a fucking arsehole he is. And I know there's a lot of them, in case that sounded a bit too patronising. We're both governed by morons.

I remember the protests when he was elected in Scotland. 

He managed to piss off a whole county (Aberdeenshire) and country (Scotland) over a Golf Course well before he even thought about running for President.  Oh he has liked walls and earth banks for a very long time. Just ask the Balmedie residents.  

Boris Johnson is pissing off that same Country AND Wales. We are going and if it was not for lies (The real Project Fear) we would be well and truly out of it by now.  

ps Fluent in Silence and Ananke - Nicola or Boris? 

Edited by helenllama

It's tough but I think Nicola has the better singing voice

God he's gonna get a second term and I'm more depressed about it than I was about him becoming president in the first place

I hope you guys have hoarded all your gold and stocked up on drinking water in time for that sweet no-deal Brexit recession 

becker-boris-photo-xl-boris-becker-6223779.jpg

Nicola-girls-aloud-30805287-500-348.jpg

On 8/4/2019 at 9:52 PM, helenllama said:

I remember the protests when he was elected in Scotland.

Hmm. Nicola or Boris? Nicola Sturgeon does seem like a competant leader. Even Ruth Davidson seems like that rarest of things - a Tory who's likeable. Boris... just give me a minute (arsehole! fucking flopyhaired cunt! fake fucking useless worthless dickhead!) I'm not really a fan of his.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:41 AM, Fluent In Silence said:

Hmm. Nicola or Boris? Nicola Sturgeon does seem like a competant leader. Even Ruth Davidson seems like that rarest of things - a Tory who's likeable. Boris... just give me a minute (arsehole! fucking flopyhaired cunt! fake fucking useless worthless dickhead!) I'm not really a fan of his.

No, the person in the White House. 

He managed to piss of a whole country, more than once, and then when elected decided to impose himself on another countries politics, after losing legal cases regarding an offshore wind farm. 

Nicola is a competent leader with the disadvantage of it being nearly impossible to have a majority in Holyrood. And having to try and deal with the greens to get anything through, and they don't give in for everything. 

Soooo then. Stuff happened. At this point explaining Brexit to anyone who knows nothing about it would be more difficult than explaining Game of Thrones to someone who's watching the last episode and asks "What's all this about then." Chapter 1. Once upon a time, about a hundred years ago (or so it seems), there was this smug posh twat with a shiny forehead called David Cameron. One day David (call me Dave) Cameron, in his infinite smugness, decided to call a referendum in order to solve an ongoing division in his own political party over Europe. Little Dave didn't realise what a fuckstorm he was unleashing because he was a smug twat with a shiny forehead, who believed he could win people over with his common touch (call me Dave) and his oh so shiny and glistening forehead. But alas little Dave was wrong, and trolls did arise from the ground with their idiotic and meaningless war cry of "Brexit means Brexit."

Boris Johnston is looking inept and stupid. What the holy fucking fuck did people expect? The greatest political crisis in years and the Tories think that this incompetent fuckwit can sort things out because people like his floppy hair. As well as hating foreigners many Brexiteers cite taking back control of our democratic process as a reason for wanting to leave. Yeah let's give more power to these fucking morons. Is it just me or is Brexit starting to seem like a bad idea?

i tried listening to a podcast of experts talking about just this last week, and i got 15 minutes in before i couldnt take anymore. i have no idea whats going on. there is/isnt a general election, we are/not leaving on the 31st, and there's definitely/never going to be another referendum. 

Speaking on behalf of my fellow American, I welcome you to the dumpster fire. Mind your heads on the way down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

one of the small mercies of the current brexit period is that whatever crap thing trump says has been bumped off the news. got to appreciate the little things 

16 minutes ago, ananke said:

one of the small mercies of the current brexit period is that whatever crap thing trump says has been bumped off the news. got to appreciate the little things 

Oh I don't know. Trump's bullshit provides some comic relief and reminds me that things could be worse. Why can't we nuke hurricanes? What sort of mind can think of such a thing? I think if you opened up Trump's head you'd find that his brain was just some chicken nuggets which have been stappled together. I mean... nuke hurricanes? The fuck? But yeah, our leader may be better educated and more eloquent than Trump (as is my 4 year old niece),  but we're still diving head first into that dumpster fire.

9 hours ago, Gearhead said:

Speaking on behalf of my fellow American, I welcome you to the dumpster fire. Mind your heads on the way down.

My dear, you know that I am a great admirer of your analytical and observational skills, but in this rare instance I fear I must challenge your characterization of the situation, to wit: a dumpster fire.

A dumpster has a bottom. Thus far, no bottom seems to be present to impede the Trumpapalooza’s headlong dive.

I must say, that although speculation runs rampant about the genuineness (or deficit thereof) of D. Trump’s hair, the mop of B. Johnson looks to be quite actual and properly connected to his scalp, because it appears to become more frazzled (if that were possible) in direct proportion to him becoming more flustered.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I must say, that although speculation runs rampant about the genuineness (or deficit thereof) of D. Trump’s hair, the mop of B. Johnson looks to be quite actual and properly connected to his scalp, because it appears to become more frazzled (if that were possible) in direct proportion to him becoming more flustered.

Ask and ye shall receive...

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/shortcuts/2018/jan/05/has-the-secret-of-donald-trumps-hair-finally-been-revealed

And now back to our regularly scheduled slow-motion political debacle.

Just waiting for a referendum date or NS to declare Indy here. 

Only way out, or the Celtic Nations leave Little England alone and go together. Welsh are now talking about Indy to.  

Piss up in a brewery. Piss up in a brewery. 

ARGH. Muppetry about in Westmonster 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2019 at 9:05 PM, helenllama said:

Piss up in a brewery. Piss up in a brewery. 

ARGH. Muppetry about in Westmonster 

You probably wouldn't be able to hold a piss up in a brewery because of stringent EU regulations. Those same faceless bureaucratic dictators who won't let us have bendy bananas. When we leave we'll be able to have piss ups in brewerys and our bananas shall be much more bendy, and we'll be so happy we won't notice all the diabetics dying because they can't get any insulin. The bananas are bendy again! Hallelujah! They were always fucking bendy! They're fucking bananas!

How dare you compare our politicians to Muppets! I like the Muppets 😉.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fluent In Silence said:

You probably wouldn't be able to hold a piss up in a brewery because of stringent EU regulations. Those same faceless bureaucratic dictators who won't let us have bendy bananas. When we leave we'll be able to have piss ups in brewerys and our bananas shall be much more bendy, and we'll be so happy we won't notice all the diabetics dying because they can't get any insulin. The bananas are bendy again! Hallelujah! They were always fucking bendy! They're fucking bananas!

How dare you compare our politicians to Muppets! I like the Muppets 😉.

I like the muppets too. Kermit would definitely make a better prime minister than ours.  So would Miss Piggy for that matter.  Heck even give me the Lemur from most wanted. 

• Like 1

FYI: This thread is the reason I am even more pro-independence for Scotland now than I was five years ago.   Not as many schenanigans in Holyrood as it is a minority govt.  (And then there is the fact in a UK based referendum what Little England wants, Little England gets)

On 10/20/2019 at 7:18 PM, helenllama said:

FYI: This thread is the reason I am even more pro-independence for Scotland now than I was five years ago.

Lol. Sorry, not all English people are like me! Understandable though. Someone on the news made a good point about it being more difficult for Scotland to become independant if Britain leaves the EU. There would have to be negotiations for leaving the UK and joining the EU. Not impossible, and wouldn't lead to the shitstorm that Brexit has caused, but still a pain in the arse. It would be a lot smoother if we were all EU members though. Why do you want to leave? Is it the incompetent and disfunctional Parliament which is fucking up everything? Fair enough. Understandable but can't we stay together 😭. Some of us hate Boris and the Tories too. Don't leave us alone with these dickheads.