CrazyBoards.org

A good and natural supplement for Omega's

I have found this information very valuable in that I am allergic to some fish (hence no fish oil).  These seeds from this plant just proves my past points that the cannabis plant in its entirety, is better for mankind than almost any other living thing on this planet.

Don't believe me check this out...

http://www.iherb.com/hempnuts.html

no they won't get you high.

There are much more uses for other parts of the plant for the mind, spirit, and body that would take a book to describe.

Geez...is it expensive though. $16.32 + 6.00 shipping for 11 servings. I know some Omega 3/Fish Oil brands probably run that much per month, but these prices are beyond my budget. However, it does sound intriguing.

Thanks for the info.

I haven't the money to obtain any yet, though when I do I will buy $40+ worth then it is FREE shipping. 

All good things in life are free, it's just that the people with money want more and can not realize it is what brings them down to bottom feeders.  What I'm getting at is that this amazing plant (yes I'm biased) does so much good for our minds and bods that it is ironic that is is illegal to grow it yourself to be self sufficient.  I enjoy gardening and the day cannabis becomes legal to grow again, I will have a field of green that will keep me sane and healthy.  Cannabis has been used medically for over 5000 years, why stop a good thing I ask.

Excuse my rambling, I just get worked up sometimes, these words must get out. And if I offend anyone, don't read what I have to type.

No offense...and what you say is true. Cannibus should not be banned. The hemp plant is way more energy efficient for paper than trees, good for fibers, etc...

Yeah...some people will use it to get stoned. So what? Some people turn poor harmless hops and barley in to beer and grapes into wine. Read the history some time on how this plant came to be banned. Then read up on the herb Stevia, which is very sweet. A natural alternative to sugar, but it is being attacked by sugar producers. Same shit, different plant.

thnx wifezilla, for the support of "common sense".  Though I was on a rant before I would just like to mention that everyone IS different, and through these differences we must adjust our intake of supplements (food, drink, herbs, meds, etc.) to our own needs.  As we all know some things work for some people and not for others, and interact badly for the rest.  I have a bad reaction to antipsychotics, atypical or not, plus mood stabilizers; because of that I started an experiment several years ago.  Ingesting MJ in different ways, in diff doses, and so forth.  In these experiments I found that through proper use (i.e. without misuse {by that I mean ingesting without getting an euphoric "experience"}) the drug lessened my overall anxiety, helped me eat and sleep better.  After those experiments I tried to smoke constantly for at least every day for a year purposefully misusing it.  There is a difference, though I know some people have adverse reactions (i.e. psychosis) to it and some benefit from MJ. 

Down to the point, with an open mind I have accepted that for some people the natural way is the better, and for some, need additional medications, talk therapy, and so forth.  I know most people (if any) who read this will think I have done this all my life.  Well I have not.  I was completely against it until I learned more about it when I was 24, had I not changed my mind I believe my bipolar episodes could have been much worse since I was not diagnosed yet and was becoming more self-destructive. 

This is probably the wrong place for me to rant about this subject, however, the above mentioned product just reinforces what I have learned and what is true about the cannabis plant when properly administered as it was in China, India & Africa over 4000 years ago.

End of rant.  whew.

I am just trying to figure out what the comparison would be to the higher quality fish oils.  Whatever works, honestly, is all that matters and I'm personally happy with my stuff. But for information's sake, I'm trying to find out more about this. Has anyone found any good side by side comparisons of omegasources?

Guest FrannyNZooey

I am just trying to figure out what the comparison would be to the higher quality fish oils.  Whatever works, honestly, is all that matters and I'm personally happy with my stuff. But for information's sake, I'm trying to find out more about this. Has anyone found any good side by side comparisons of omegasources?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Navy I am sorry I do not have side by side, but can ask my gastro doc that I told when taking the fish oils in caps, she was turn off by the delivery system, and afraid of lot of companies out there not using quality fresh fish, and consistency, and freshness stamps correctly.

She told me to use Carlsons liquid cod liver oil, all same omega type fish oils much higher dha epa,

very close fresh stamp and must be refrigerated, it is all norwegic fish packed bottled there.

I no longer get fish taste afterwards, or burps, like did from many varied brands from store brands to other lower line to upper price, and belly is happy.

Is about 14.00 a bottle per month?

Aly

http://www.iherb.com/hemp.html

my personal favorite the Hemp, Bars! giddy with the possibilities of future "snack bars" that will cure all your ailments, just add the correct and precise amounts of those certain components per persons etc........ ;)

& Navy, i'm working on comparing everything with omegas and any other chemical of either synthetic or natural molecules that help with our concurrent diagnosis'.

The main problem is that, through nature, each element either patient, "cocktail" and/or environmental factors are quite diverse (not infinite i hope).

any help would be appreciated.

Economically, fish oil is better however since i'm allergic to fish that don't matta to me.

anyway fish oil more economical/hemp seed oil contains more of Omegas & other healthy substances

maybe a tough decision for most people ('cept me)

Hemp Oil, 100% Organic Cold Pressed, Living Harvest, 16.9 oz. (500 ml)

I take fish oil and it's fine for me. I understand that, depending on type of fish and where it lives, mercury levels vary greatly.

Wouldn't cod liver oil have toxic amounts of certain vitamins if you were consuming a whole lot of it? I think I've heard this about other liver things. You can have too much A or D, after all.

What about walnuts for Omega 3 precursors? I must eat half a cup a week in my homemade granola.

I tend not to believe that any plant is the ultimate magic bullet and good for what ails you. Not saying there isn't some good to be had out of hemp, tho. And I want some hemp rope, as I understand it was nice stuff. (NO, I'm not going to smoke it. Make eye splices, maybe. )

I don't think there's anything on the earth that's "better for mankind than almost any other living thing on this planet". Life is more complicated.

life will always be as complicated as we make it.  currently i'm just trying to find the substances that will support my disposition.  and the day there is a magic pill, i wouldn't trust it.  everything i say here on this forum is my opinion, some just take things a bit to seriously.

thnx ido for being an understanding open minded and mature person, only they can help those who are blinded by life's trivial obstructions!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it seems that i'm the only to try the hempseed oil, i would like other peoples suggestions, rants, ideas, or objections. One single person can only change themselves and hope that others follow. Though here, since my allergies keep me from taking the omegas most take, i'm looking for anyone else that has tried hempseed/ hempseed oil. Always am i looking for a different point of view.

I may not always agree but i prefer that there be another pov.

Heya Dire Curves,

Here's the article I found on hempseed oil:

(you need to make a login but it's free and can be anything)

http://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/1...ryText=hempseed

It's about eczema, not moods, but here's part of the abstract:

BACKGROUND: Hempseed oil is a rich and balanced source of omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs).

METHODS: Dietary hempseed oil and olive oil were compared in a 20-week randomized, single-blind crossover study with atopic patients.

RESULTS: Levels of both essential fatty acids (EFAs), linoleic acid (18:2n6) and alpha-linolenic acid (18:3n3), and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA; 18:3n6) increased in all lipid fractions after hempseed oil, with no significant increases of arachidonic acid (20:4n6) in any lipid fractions after either oil.

CONCLUSIONS: Dietary hempseed oil caused significant changes in plasma fatty acid profiles and improved clinical symptoms of atopic dermatitis. It is suggested that these improvements resulted from the balanced and abundant supply of PUFAs in this hempseed oil.

So. Sounds like a good source of omegas to me.

I wonder about purity/safety, so be careful, as with any supplement.

--ncc--

it seems that i'm the only to try the hempseed oil, i would like other peoples suggestions, rants, ideas, or objections. One single person can only change themselves and hope that others follow. Though here, since my allergies keep me from taking the omegas most take, i'm looking for anyone else that has tried hempseed/ hempseed oil. Always am i looking for a different point of view.

I may not always agree but i prefer that there be another pov.

I just skimmed the posts, so if I'm repeating something aleady said or missed something, please forgive me.

Fish "burps" can be avoided by freezing the capsules. This causes them to break down further in the digestive system, not the stomach.

Flaxseed is also another great way to get Omega 3. It's available in capsules (but you've got to take a gazillion a day), oil, or (my favorite), raw seeds. I'm really a big fan of the raw seeds these days. As an added bonus, they are also very high in protein and taste pretty good (nutty).

But if you don't grind the seeds you won't absorb any of the omega-3s. It's best to grind the seeds just before using them or buy flax meal and keep it in the freezer because it's very unstable stuff once the seeds are ground up.

Another natural way to get omega 3 is to put purlane on salads. Not many stores carry it so you might have to have to put in a request at a health food store or grow it yourself, but it's a good option for vegetarians. I need to start growing some!

In my research i've found that hemp seed contain the greater amount of substances used by the body than flax seeds, hence less intake. Though as so far hemp seeds (oil or other mediums) is more expensive. However, when taking the omegas and other protiens.... etc. the difference in price nearly reflects the difference in content.

One note: My research is not concluded, I've tried the fish oil (disastrous for i am allergic) the flaxseeds and or walnuts one must ingest more for the added benefits for MI. So in a not so conluded "test" i've not finished for i just started taking the hemp seed oil. will post pending outcome after time has passed.

Archived