CrazyBoards.org

This thing with this "friend" is still going on and today she went way overboard with this comment:

"I did that a long time ago and see with ya self ya dont need a mental name to know that ya are mental maybe it is because of ya disability messing with ya mind"

This has really hurt me because I resent my disability enough without somebody using it against me.

But y should i be surprised coz I have came across this all my life where ppl are ok with me til they find out i am disabled.

I HATE MY LIFE!!

Hello, CR

I just went back and read some of your old posts.  Other than this thing with your friend, how are things going?  Are you and your dad getting along better?  Are you still seeing a doctor for your MI issues?  Did you ever get a diagnosis that made more sense to you?

I would love to be completely open about my illness, but people do treat me differently after they've heard that I'm "not normal".  It sucks and I'm sick of it.  I don't have anything helpful to say.

I'm glad to see you around again.  Keep posting, ok?

~CS

I have problems with MYSELF from the ADD label. It's probably right, but it still bothers me a lot. And no way am I going to tell certain people.  For some reason, I got over the depression thing much faster, perhaps because I really kinda knew. But I'm certainly not broadcasting that one. I didn't fill out the little blank about disability on the job application. Like they're going to want to hire some scattered guy to do their engineering! But half of us engineers probably have a touch of ADD. Otherwise we'd be in some better-compensated, less cyclical, more boring field with more social interaction, politics, etc.

I don't  know much about this situation with your friend, but it sounds like a pain in the ass.

cornix I was just talking about this with my pdoc and a friend yesterday.  It definitely sucks to be discriminated against for your MI.  I remember when I was in high school telling my friend I had OCD, and he said he told his dad who is a neurologist and his dad laughed and said, "everybody's got that."  Yeah, everybody might have a little OCD, but not everybody spends an hour brushing their teeth and has to flip the lightswitch 200 times every time they go to sleep!

Archived