CrazyBoards.org

Wellbutrin Honeymoon and Swings

Hey guys,

I had been pretty stable at the low end of euthymic for several months on a cocktail of lithium, lamictal and seroquel.  Given my tendency to continue to have a mild to moderate low mood, my pdoc added 150mg Welly XL about 5 weeks ago, then bumped it to 300mg 3 weeks ago.  So far, I’ve experienced the honeymoon then back down to pre-Wellbutrin, then up for a week again after the bump and now over the past two weeks of sometimes feels pretty darn good to mildly depressed again.  I’d say a ratio of 4:3, good to moody over a week period. Is this normal, and at what point should I expect to stabilize if it is?  These ups and downs are making it hard to predict how I’m going to feel when making plans.

TIA

Edited by BusuB

15 minutes ago, BusuB said:

Is this normal, and at what point should I expect to stabilize if it is?  These ups and downs are making it hard to predict how I’m going to feel when making plans.

I would suggest giving it at least another few weeks, to make a judgement on how it's working......Have you told pdoc about what's going on?

Edited by CrazyRedhead

44 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I would suggest giving it at least another few weeks, to make a judgement on how it's working......Have you told pdoc about what's going on?

Thanks, I’m in no rush to stop if the first few weeks might be an indication of what’s to come.  Just saw my pdoc a couple weeks ago so no, he’s not aware.  I’m not in any crisis (far from it, really) so will withhold calling for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Wellbutrin has some metabolites that can take a few days to build up in your system. Although if you increased to 300mg 3 weeks ago then they should be at steady state by now. I would say to give it another 2 weeks or so and if you still don't feel better than maybe try the 450mg if you can tolerate it.