CrazyBoards.org

Is anyone else going through menopause??

I’m very low on estrogen as of last blood draw...13. Since then, my anxiety has suddenly become intolerable..even with Xanax!

I don’t know what to do...it’s affecting me every single moment now.  Shallow breathing being the most noticeable.  Not shaking though!  Really weird. Mood is all over the place too. 

Just wondering if there’s a certain hormone or natural remedy that helps?

help please!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 5:23 PM, DammitJanet said:

Nobody? ?

Sorry I missed this......There are a couple of possibilities that might help.....I have already been through the change and it made my anxiety MUCH worse.

Have you tried Estroven?.....It's a well-known over the counter product that might help--there are several different formulas depending on what symptoms you're having:     https://www.estroven.com/   

Most drug stores carry it...........It would probably be a good idea to ask your pharmacist/doc if it has any interactions with your meds before using it, since it is an herbal-based remedy.

If that doesn't help, you could go to your doc and ask about prescribed hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone)......... I did hormone replacement therapy for about a year.....My GYN doc told me that estrogen and progesterone levels both drop during this time....

Progesterone is the calming hormone, and low levels of progesterone are why a lot of women have increased anxiety during menopause, according to my doc.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Sorry I missed this......There are a couple of possibilities that might help.....I have already been through the change and it made my anxiety MUCH worse.

Have you tried Estroven?.....It's an over the counter product that might help--there are several different formulas depending on what symptoms you're having:     https://www.estroven.com/   Most drug stores carry it.

If that doesn't help, you could go to your doc and ask about prescribed hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone)......... I did hormone replacement therapy for about a year.....My GYN doc told me that estrogen and progesterone levels both drop during this time....

Progesterone is the calming hormone, and low levels of progesterone are why a lot of women have increased anxiety during menopause, according to my doc.

This makes sense! For over a year I’ve been having to take 300 Trazadone, max dose Lunesta, AND Unisom to sleep and still waking every few hours! My progesterone has been post menopausal 0.1 for over two years and NO docs have connected this shit? I’m definitely going to buy some cream progesterone from amazon to see if it at least helps me sleep! Maybe it’ll help my anxiety and bitchiness too, I hope! Thanks so much for answering! You help me so much and I’m really grateful. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

This makes sense! For over a year I’ve been having to take 300 Trazadone, max dose Lunesta, AND Unisom to sleep and still waking every few hours! My progesterone has been post menopausal 0.1 for over two years and NO docs have connected this shit? I’m definitely going to buy some cream progesterone from amazon to see if it at least helps me sleep! Maybe it’ll help my anxiety and bitchiness too, I hope! Thanks so much for answering! You help me so much and I’m really grateful. 

No problem, I have been through this and it really is challenging to deal with....

Here's a great video describing how, when and where to apply progesterone cream:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUiIWXvCg1I

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Thanks 1

Do you recommend any certain brand or did you just do prescription type?

5 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

No problem, I have been through this and it really is challenging to deal with....

Here's a great video describing how, when and where to apply progesterone cream:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUiIWXvCg1I

11 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

Do you recommend any certain brand or did you just do prescription type?

I did prescribed HRT (oral pills), but I know some people who have had good results with Emerita Pro-Gest.......You can get on Amazon, some drug stores and natural food stores might carry it, too.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Just wanted to add, please let all your docs know that you are going to be trying the cream.

I told my psychiatrist I was gonna, but I started thinking I’ll try and find a better gynecologist when things open back up again on Wednesday so I can get my levels checked once more before starting and also hopefully they might be able to prescribe it it would be less expensive. But I don’t want the synthetic garbage. We’ll see if I can find someone decent. 

• Like 1

my naturopath put me on estrovera and it seemed to help a lot.  https://www.metagenics.com/estrovera

previously i had really bad cycle regularity issues, and was put on bc pills for about a year as a very low cost (free), mild,  hrt to regulate cycles but once it was apparent i would be menopausal w/o them, we stopped them, and boom, menopause. the estrovera helped a lot with the mood related symptoms.

i hope you can find relief. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DammitJanet said:

. But I don’t want the synthetic garbage. We’ll see if I can find someone decent. 

If you want to avoid synthetic progesterone, let the doc know you want PROMETRIUM ..It is bioidentical progesterone, and this is what I used in pill form.......

Not sure if you want to get estrogen, but the most bioidentical one is Estridiol (Estrace)--This is what I used, too, when I was on bioidentical HRT.

Be prepared for them to probably mention Premarin (which is not bioidentical).... Premarin is popular, but not many people know it is made from pregnant horse urine--YUCK..

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

If you want to avoid synthetic progesterone, let the doc know you want PROMETRIUM ..It is bioidentical progesterone, and this is what I used in pill form.......

Not sure if you want to get estrogen, but the most bioidentical one is Estridiol (Estrace)--This is what I used, too, when I was on bioidentical HRT.

Be prepared for them to probably mention Premarin (which is not bioidentical).... Premarin is popular, but not many people know it is made from pregnant horse urine--YUCK..

Ha. Very yuck. I have some leftover estradiol but I’m afraid to put it back on again til I get some progesterone. One of these must help me sleep! I’m waking through the night while on three potent sleeping pills! Thanks tons for this information. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

Thanks. Hopefully I can find a decent one that takes my new god awful new insurance. 

Also forgot to mention, you would probably want to also avoid Prempro, Premphase, and Prempac.

They are also made from horse urine.....

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1