CrazyBoards.org

I stopped caffeine cold turkey three days ago after I realized how bad my insomnia was most nights and on some nights felt myself slipping into a very mild mixed mania which felt absolutely horrible.  I was drinking coffee every day plus iced tea and sometimes diet cola too.  

I found that I am able to sleep again and I haven’t felt myself slipping Anymore.  The first 48 hours I felt depressed and like a giant POS.  Today has been more doable. 

I wonder when I’ll get back a normal energy level.  I don’t know if it takes a week or maybe a month.  I don’t plan on using caffeine again.  

Has anyone else went off caffeine and has it helped you?  

I used to drink five venti lattes every day, along with three bottles of mountain dew daily. This was back in high school. Now I drink the odd bottle or two per week of pepsi. 

It's was Hell for the first week or so but after that started feeling better. I find I have more energy naturally now rather than having to wait for caffeine to help me function at a halfway normal level like before. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2018 at 8:31 PM, TakeAChillPill said:

I stopped caffeine cold turkey three days ago after I realized how bad my insomnia was most nights and on some nights felt myself slipping into a very mild mixed mania which felt absolutely horrible.  I was drinking coffee every day plus iced tea and sometimes diet cola too. 

What an amazing accomplishment...!!...........I drink a fairly large amount of coffee every day, but no tea or soda.

I am highly dependent on my coffee to even function on a bare minimum level....I'm scared to give it up, quite frankly.

Hat's off to you..!!.....Keep up the good work..!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you both for your replies!  

I am still in zero caffeine and feel better every day but after that initial crash I still have a bit of sleep issues where I don’t fall asleep easily.  

Maybe when I start CBD I’ll be a new person.  That’ll be the next chapter.  I’m getting my “green card” soon.  I know I’m considerably lucky.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BrianOCD said:

I couldn't live without caffeine lol

good luck to you though, I think it would definitely help mood swings

Me either! Haha. A lot of it at this point is probably just placebo effect. I've been drinking coffee every morning for 20 years. I don't think it really does anything, but I don't want to find out by quitting! There are some benefits to caffeine.