CrazyBoards.org

I am back on clozaril. Its my only hope at this point. This time going up very slowly. Ran into a road block when I increased too fast. It kind of shocked my brain, caused me to not be able to communicate. PRAYING it doesn't do it this time as I will be going up very slowly. The first time I took it I went slowly, and never had a problem. Please wish me well. I have been so unwell.

Any input from those well educated on clozapine? 

Good luck butterfly! I hope hope hope that going more slowly works well for you and causes no problems at all, because it didn't before. I sincerely wish you the best.  It has helped me a little and slowly going up is good for me too even though I get impatient. Going slowly is the way to go according to my pdoc. 

Take it slow and tell your pdoc about any side effects and what can possibly be done to counteract them. The sedation went away after while. My only issue now is weight gain. I did not get weight gain on the other AAPs but I balooned on clozapine. So watch what you eat. Good luck, clozapine can be a great med if you can tolerate it.

2 hours ago, Butterflykisses said:

I am back on clozaril. Its my only hope at this point. This time going up very slowly. Ran into a road block when I increased too fast. It kind of shocked my brain, caused me to not be able to communicate. PRAYING it doesn't do it this time as I will be going up very slowly. The first time I took it I went slowly, and never had a problem. Please wish me well. I have been so unwell.

Any input from those well educated on clozapine? 

I did kinda the same thing...went up too fast and was totally out of it then kind of "restating" low and slow, and I had a lot of luck with that. I hope u do too!!