CrazyBoards.org

9 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Anyone able to share experiences with luvox?  In particular being used for ocd and anxiety, with sleep issues and some mild depression.  We are starting really low (25 mg for a week and then 50mg).  

I took it for a little while. I started at 100 mg, but I was cross-titrating from Viibryd.

I experienced quite vivid hallucinations, almost psychedelic in nature, when first starting it. It was actually really scary.

Then I slipped into a state of being constantly sedated, feeling fuzzy, and cognitively stunted. For instance, it took me 5 make-up sessions to finish just one Russian exam in my Russian class. It wasn't until my teacher brought it up to me that it was my 5th make-up session that I was on the wrong medicine(s). I was also on Desoxyn too, which may have complicated things...

YMMV, though, so don't let my experience scare you away from it.

Edited by mikl_pls

I don't normally bump things (I know general policy is against it), but I'm worried that this may have gotten missed because of the issue of not being able to load additional posts...I'm starting it tonight come hell or high water, but other experiences would be helpful.  Maybe it's just not that frequent?  I went through the titles for 10 pages of posts and didn't get anything.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:57 PM, dancesintherain said:

Anyone able to share experiences with luvox?  In particular being used for ocd and anxiety, with sleep issues and some mild depression.  We are starting really low (25 mg for a week and then 50mg).  

I tried it for short time, started out low, I think 25mg........When doc increased it to 50mg, I felt very activated and had sleep issues.

Sleep problems continued as we went up further, but I really wanted to give it a fair chance, so I stuck it out for 6 weeks, can't exactly remember the highest dose I got to.........Finally after 6 weeks, the reduction in sleep was really getting to me, and I was seeing no real improvement, so doc said to stop it.

I really was hopeful about it, but it ended up just being too activating for me.......YMMV, though...I really hope you have better luck with it than I did.......

• 1 month later...

Hi, sorry, this is a bit late....are you still on Luvox? 

I took Luvox twice in the past (see signature). I found it incredibly helpful the first time I took it. I went up to 200 mg and my obsessive thinking went away. 
I have an obsession with getting rid of a repeating thought (a thought which I don't like), so I don't have the classic Pure O.

The most prominent side effect I had were restless legs (ankles, calves). My dreams were also very vivid.
Later on, when I wanted to switch to something else because of Luvox pooping out on me, I had trouble with teeth grinding (during daytime), induced by Luvox.
But apart from this, it helped me with not thinking the one thing I didn't want to think.

thanks for the feedback!  I am still on it and it's been a godsend.  It's slowed my brain down (in a good way) and eliminated a lot of the obsessive thought patterns.  I still get intrusive thoughts, but not as frequently.  I'm currently dealing with an insomnia issue, which may be related, but I'm hoping we can handle it without removing the luvox.