CrazyBoards.org

hi all,

anyone had to track frequency/existence of obsessions and compulsions before?  I'm fairly newly-diagnosed with it and my therapist wants me to keep track of when something happens and how often.  I checked that he meant how many times daily.  I'm figuring that I'll just make a list on a sheet of paper that lists Monday through Sunday going across and leaves room for various things going down.  But I'm not sure if that makes complete sense.  Anyone done this before and have any ideas/suggestions?

thanks,

dances

I haven’t had to ever keep track, but that makes perfect sense in recording it that way. 

I use the eMoods mobile app.

The default included symptoms are for bipolar, but with ~1$ a month you can upgrade and customize these for the symptoms you want to track.

Worth it, in my opinion.

it's a great app, but I'm afraid I already use it for bipolar and PTSD....so adding a whole different set of symptoms on would be a bit cumbersome.  I'm also hoping this tracking is a one-week assignment (he suggested it would be).  Thanks though!

Hi, long-time Treatment-Resistant OCD'er here.

I've done this a number of times over the years and have always found https://www.google.com/sheets/about/ the best option since you can tailor it exactly to your needs.

Since there are iOS and Android apps for it now too, it's always available and always synced-up. Not to mention that it's free...

HTH,

Pete

2 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

Thanks!  I’ll definitely look it over.

sorry to hear on the treatment resistant front. That’s miserable.

Thanks DITR. Sadly it is. I hope your illnii are not too bad today.