CrazyBoards.org

Is your pharmacy efficient?

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, is your pharmacy efficient?

Do you use a pharmacy that specializes in psych meds?

Is the staff helpful?

Does your pharmacy deliver?

Do you use a big chain or a local business?

I love my pharmacy, I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes and they specialize in psych and carry Clozapine which a lot of pharmacies don't. The staff is polite and caring. They also deliver my meds for free!

I used to use big chain until they were charging me when instead my meds should be free. They also hardly ever had what I needed in stock...very disorganized and always a long wait and long lines!

i use pharmasave, it's a canadian chain but each business is independently owned. they do deliver for free, but i usually just wait around. they're always really quick and kind, and my meds are usually free. my friend's mom works there, which is kind of fun because i get to catch up with her whenever i go in. i guess she knows i'm a little crazy now, though. :rolleyes:

when i was at school i went to shopper's drug mart, a large chain company. they were super nice there, and always remembered me. i could request refills online with them, which was a nice perk. they always checked to make sure i was still doing well on my meds and they had a good sense of humour. when i tried to use the shopper's in my hometown, i had to wait forever and they only filled half my risperidone script, and couldn't get the rest to me for over a week. what?? they weren't that nice, either... so i switched to pharmasave and i've been happy since then.

Just out of curiosity, is your pharmacy efficient?

Not always.  I've had meds that i've been on for months or even years not be in-stock when it comes time to refill them.  They also take forever to process new scripts.  That said, they haven't tried to kill me yet (CVS gave me a bottle that was a mixture of 300mg and 600mg lithium when I was taking 3 300mg pills and had I not caught it, I could have taken 1800mg and gone toxic).  So I stick with them.

Do you use a pharmacy that specializes in psych meds?

No, just general.

Is the staff helpful?

Usually.  I had one bad interaction with a pharmacist recently (he seemed to doubt that I no longer needed zyprexa and it took me explaining...after he checked four times...that I had replaced it with another med, what that med was, and that he could check the system if he didn't believe me).  But fortunately that's the exception to the norm.

Does your pharmacy deliver?

They do but I haven't used it.  I take enough meds and they change enough that I want to be able to be there to confirm that they got it right, rather than getting it delivered, finding something is wrong, and having to take it back, thus defeating the purpose of delivery.

Do you use a big chain or a local business?

Mine's a pharmacy department within a large grocery store chain.

I use CVS and CVS caremark. Caremark is the delivery service covered by my insurance. They sound out reminders, shipping is free and they give estimates on delivery that are accurate. I have almost all of my meds on delivery and i find it convenient.

I used to go to a mom and pop pharmacy but the staff was surly and they took a long time. My husband still goes. They have a new owner now and have changed for the better, but I am staying with cvs.