CrazyBoards.org

Prozac, effexor, remeron,elavil,abilfy,zyprexa,thorazine,saphris,.   Latuda,buspar,trintellex,colazepam,.....Effexor worked good for me for twelve years. After that tried many meds. I can't think of them all. Right now I'm on Elavil 150mg and just started lamictal. I'm at 50mg.  I wanted to try another SNRI, but they are all extended release. I had gastric bypass and cannot take extended release. I'm so depressed right now. I've tried to look for a good med that doesn't cause weight gain..... Sorry I'm so scattered with this post. My mind really isn't working right. Just so Depressed. Thank you for any ideas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krinkle1973 said:

Prozac, effexor, remeron,elavil,abilfy,zyprexa,thorazine,saphris,.   Latuda,buspar,trintellex,colazepam,.....Effexor worked good for me for twelve years. After that tried many meds. I can't think of them all. Right now I'm on Elavil 150mg and just started lamictal. I'm at 50mg.  I wanted to try another SNRI, but they are all extended release. I had gastric bypass and cannot take extended release. I'm so depressed right now. I've tried to look for a good med that doesn't cause weight gain..... Sorry I'm so scattered with this post. My mind really isn't working right. Just so Depressed. Thank you for any ideas

I’ve also had a gastric bypass and did very well on Cymbalta (Er) for a good 2-3 years. I was also on vyvanse extended release  and that too worked very well. Some do, some not. 

Edited by DammitJanet

39 minutes ago, krinkle1973 said:

Would u try an MAOI?

1 hour ago, krinkle1973 said:

Theres a ton you havent tried, plus combination therapies, etc.......what about lithium? im a big fan. or give lamictal a chance, a mood stabilizer may be what you need, give lamictal a chance to titrate.

have you tried combinations?

such as anti depressant+buspar+anti-psychotic+mood stabilizer+benzo........just using an example

dont give up hope. Hell i thought i tried everything. Highly rec Vyvanse if you can get it

Not saying it would work for you, but what has worked for me is the combination antidepressant + anticonvulsant + antipsychotic. 

Have you tried low-dose Risperidone together with an antidepressant? It really helped me once. By low dose, I mean doses less than 1 mg.

With regard to Abilify, did you take it in combination with an antidepressant? Did you take the dose all the way up to 15 mg? Abilify is approved for depression up to 15 mg. I don't believe a fair trial has been made of Abilify unless you've taken more than 10 mg because Abilify only began to work for me at 10 mg. Also, Abilify can take time to work. It took 8 weeks to work for me.

10 minutes ago, jt07 said:

Not saying it would work for you, but what has worked for me is the combination antidepressant + anticonvulsant + antipsychotic. 

Have you tried low-dose Risperidone together with an antidepressant? It really helped me once. By low dose, I mean doses less than 1 mg.

With regard to Abilify, did you take it in combination with an antidepressant? Did you take the dose all the way up to 15 mg? Abilify is approved for depression up to 15 mg. I don't believe a fair trial has been made of Abilify unless you've taken more than 10 mg because Abilify only began to work for me at 10 mg. Also, Abilify can take time to work. It took 8 weeks to work for me.

Not to mention the wt gain with risperidone. Geodon is weight neutral if you haven’t tried that. And agree about abilify though it made me manic but I’m a very weird case. 

38 minutes ago, jt07 said:

Low dose Risperdal should have minimal weight gain if any at all. The side effects kick in at higher doses. I took it at 4 mg and didn't gain weight.

For depression?? Never mind, need to learn to read the whole thread first. 

Edited by DammitJanet

49 minutes ago, jt07 said:

Low dose Risperdal should have minimal weight gain if any at all. The side effects kick in at higher doses. I took it at 4 mg and didn't gain weight.

yup, i tried that combo once, wasnt for me, doesnt mean it couldnt work. I think the moral here, is very quickly were coming up with many ideas, and we havent even been thinking long. THere is hope