CrazyBoards.org

Tweek to my cocktail

So I had my 3 month check up. We changed 1-2 Klonopin a day to 1 Klonopin a day with 1 mg Ativan PRN. I get 90 day supplies so that is 90 Klonopin w/refill and 60 Ativan (script for 30 1mg Ativan with a refill). So that covers me on benzos for the next 6 months. Everything else remains the same as in my signature.

I ordered some Choline Bitartrate, a precursor to acetylcholine, one of the most common neurotransmitters. Anticholinergics lower it and after you are 50 the levels of acetylcholine drop off. This is when taking Anticholinergics is really a no-no. I'm 55.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notloki said:

I ordered some Choline Bitartrate, a precursor to acetylcholine, one of the most common neurotransmitters. Anticholinergics lower it and after you are 50 the levels of acetylcholine drop off. This is when taking Anticholinergics is really a no-no. I'm 55.

Why choline bitartrate? Alpha-GPC and citicoline (CDP-choline) are much higher in converting to acetylcholine in the brain. While choline bitartrate does make acetylcholine readily available, it's mostly peripheral. ALCAR would also make acetylcholine levels elevated in the brain, and would also pair well with the two cholinergic sources aforementioned. Nootropicsdepot.com is a really great source for these supplements. You can get them in bulk powder form, and alpha-GPC you can literally take by the spoonful (it tastes sweet).

2 hours ago, notloki said:

I'm just trying this for the first time so I picked the cheap bottle and if I like it and it agrees with me I was going to look for the most bioavailable. 

Cool! Glad you're trying it out! Even if the choline bitartrate doesn't work out for you, I'd implore you to give one of the two above a trial. They're awesome.

Only thing is some people get a little depressed with choline supplementation... There are muscarinic acetylcholine heteroreceptors on noradrenergic neurons that, when stimulated by acetylcholine, shut off noradrenergic neurotransmission. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause that. There are probably sources out there that talk about choline-mediated depression though.

Choline supplementation can also cause body odor in some people (a distinctive fishy body odor) which can supposedly be remedied by vitamin B2 supplementation.

Edited by mikl_pls