CrazyBoards.org

Clonazepam (discard by 8/16) ?

Can I still try it? Could it be dangerous? Asking for a friend. ?

Edit: pdoc let me take Xanax starting 5 years ago but warned she’d never let me raise my dose (1mg). Well...I’m building tolerance or should say am right AT tolerance and need to sleep tonight. Found this old  klonopin...Just til I see her in a little over a week. 

Edited by DammitJanet

Just now, argh said:

Where and how it was stored is probably the biggest factor. Cool/dry places, etc.

The medications MAY have less efficacy, but is generally still ok to take. It's really more of a liability thing.

Thanks for answering. ? 

i think I’m suddenly feeling it just now after taking 1.5 of them. Zzzzz night 

Also see (for further reading) :

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-myth-of-drug-expiration-dates

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1395800/#__sec7title

Cheap OTC stuff I tend to not use much beyond expiration, since it's cheap to replace. And I personally wouldn't take expired antibiotics or antivirals (I don't care what the Army Studies have shown in the 2nd link above)....unless of course the zombie apocalypse has occured, in which case expired antibiotics and antivirals are sounding a whole lot better to me.

But other stuff that's expired doesn't worry me as I personally haven't had an issue with expired valium, xanax or effexor for instance. But usually my stuff might only be expired by 1-2 years at most. And it's stored under decent conditions. But that's just me and my experience.

Edited by aquarian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Benzos are a good example of a stable med that will keep most of its potency over time. Stored in a dark, cool place benzos will be at least 90 % potent after the expire date. Many times they remain as potent as the original for several years. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DammitJanet said:

i think I’m suddenly feeling it just now after taking 1.5 of them. Zzzzz night 

Did you get some sleep?.....How are you feeling today?

Maybe you could ask pdoc about trying Xanax XR......It's a time-released version of Xanax-stays in your system longer.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Did you get some sleep?.....How are you feeling today?

Really rough. ? was still broken up sleep every couple of hours and now I just feel drugged but thank the universe for vyvanse helping me at least focus enough to crochet. Been up since 330 took one of my leftover vyvanse instead of Adderall since it helps depression more. I want to go back two months and be well again. WTAF. I was doing so so well.

Yesterday was weird. I think I forgot my Viibryd, hugeeee issues when that happens...by the time I figured it out it was too late to take or I’d really not sleep at all. But I did manage to make my first crocheted hat, and also forced myself to be as happy as possible and managed to have a wonderful talk with my daughter. 

I think that worked out so well because she’s finally got at least a part time position in a brand new area of work. She was always down, irritable, and just blah cause she couldn’t manage to get out of the home care business...wiping developmentally disabled adults butts, making their food, helping them shower while they stood with erections...which she did good at for ten years, but it just wasn’t something she was happy doing. But all her experience was that

So now she seems to have broken the impasse and gone into setting up displays for stores! She’s getting paid 5 bucks less an hour and only getting 16 hours a week to start but she’s finally toughing it out staying at a friends house while she gets on her feet. 

Cannot believe I just wrote all that I’m sorry I dragged on! I just couldn’t believe how happy it made me. I think I was more chronically worried about it than I realized and a huge weight has been lifted. 

The thing is, before and a little later after that conversation I was feeling so fucking depressed my heart was aching hard. Palpitations, and serious heartache and that only happens when I’m one step away from feeling suicidal. 

But it rotated with posting some relatively cogent, normal posts yesterday, which confused me. I’m starting to get pretty scared I’m falling into a mixed episode. 

But a lot of my negative thoughts are somewhat reality-based. 

This belonged in a fucking blog post. Shit I’m sorry. This is what xanax does. Teehee. ?

1 hour ago, DammitJanet said:

Really rough. ?

Yesterday was weird. I think I forgot my Viibryd, hugeeee issues when that happens...by the time I figured it out it was too late to take or I’d really not sleep at all. But I did manage to make my first crocheted hat, and also forced myself to be as happy as possible and managed to have a wonderful talk with my daughter. 

Cannot believe I just wrote all that I’m sorry I dragged on! I just couldn’t believe how happy it made me. I think I was more chronically worried about it than I realized and a huge weight has been lifted.

Sorry to hear you had a tough night.......

But glad to hear about you making the hat, and having a good conversation with your daughter...that's awesome..!!

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Thanks 1

The discard by date doesn't actually mean the drug (unless you have a manufacturer bottle). It refers to the amount of time that rx is legal to be taken. It's more common to have gotten pills in a bottle that still have a year or two to expire, especially clonazepam since it's popular.

Edited by Persona_Is_Life
Needed a space.
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Persona_Is_Life said:

The discard by date doesn't actually mean the drug (unless you have a manufacturer bottle). It refers to the amount of time that rx is legal to be taken. It's more common to have gotten pills in a bottle that still have a year or two to expire, especially clonazepam since it's popular.

Gotcha. So I broke the law trying my old medication. ? oh well, there’s a first time for everything! Lol