CrazyBoards.org

Hallucination sounds like a psychotic feature.

The strange thought may be what is called "intrusive thought".

Abilify helps me a lot with my intrusive thoughts and being an antipsychotic it should be good for psychosis obviously.

I'd say the answer is yes.

• Thanks 1

I'd say definitely give the Abilify a try. It most likely will help, and it can't hurt to try it. It sounds like to me from personal experience that you have some psychotic features.

Edited by mikl_pls
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cakepop said:

Well, I took the Abilify last night and today I feel spaced out. Zonked. I don’t know if I want to continue taking it or any other antipsychotics. 

I have tried Risperdal years ago and got horrible akathisia...

I don't know what your insurance covers but I'm starting rexulti right now (which is similar to abilify) and it's much cleaner than abilify in terms of side effects. But it's brand new so your policy might not cover it. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, cakepop said:

Well, I took the Abilify last night and today I feel spaced out. Zonked. I don’t know if I want to continue taking it or any other antipsychotics. 

I have tried Risperdal years ago and got horrible akathisia...

As jt07 said, the spaciness and nausea etc will go away after a week or so. I did end up switching to taking my Abilify at night. I also take 10 mg ... it has been helpful to me both with mood and delusions.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2019 at 3:08 PM, CeremonyNewOrder said:

I don't know what your insurance covers but I'm starting rexulti right now (which is similar to abilify) and it's much cleaner than abilify in terms of side effects. But it's brand new so your policy might not cover it. 

I second thing notion to seek out the opinon of your psychiatrist and their feelings about giving Rexulti a try. If they’ve been visited by an Otuska pharma rep, then they should definitely have some samples and titration packs, or at the least a copay card. 

I was on Rexulti before at the max dose of 4mg and it made me extremely euthymic and stable. I would definitely talk to your doctor about giving Rexulti a try. You could look into a patient assistance program to pay for your it if you really want to try the medication. 

What insuance plan do you have, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m just looking for your pdl (preferred drug list) or what might be called your prescription plan formulary so we can see if your health insurance covers Rexulti