CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
DammitJanet

No more Xanax. ☹️

Yes, Ativan is just as fast, coming on, as Xanax. I take it for breakthrough anxiety as needed and take 1 mg Klonopin every day. I prefer Ativan to Xanax. Ativan is very useful, I use it for sleeping if I am out of Lunesta, anxiety, prophylaxis against seizures or to break a seizure, and it has some GI settling and calming effects. It does not have the kick of Xanax but it controls anxiety just as quickly. I've grown used to the sedating effects so I don't notice anything taking 1 mg, except my anxiety going away.

8 hours ago, Persona_Is_Life said:

I noticed no one here has mentioned Ativan. It might be another option! 

Unfortunately, that one also messes with my mood. I’ve decided to stay with Xanax for now. Thanks for the idea though!

Edited by DammitJanet

19 hours ago, Bigtimer said:

@DammitJanet

can I ask why your doc is so anti benzo?  Is it because you are on a stimulant?

This is from January. My doc isn’t anti-benzo. Like I said she warned me from the beginning she’d never increase xanax past 1mg. I knew that going in. I’m now on 1.5. If my doc were anti-benzo, I wouldn’t be able to explain why. Docs all have their things. 

Yeah...do you think she’d go higher?

and can I ask, what feeling do you get from taking your xanax?  If you can be really specific I’d appreciate it..thanks