CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
NaomiSparkle

I want to go home, but I already am.

I don't know, it's hard to explain but it's been a growing feeling for a while but especially lately. I can be literally just laying in my bed reading something or watching a TV show and suddenly the only thing I can think is "I want to go home." I've casually mentioned the feeling to my friends but they just laugh it off as "weird" and can't relate. 

It's such a bad feeling I can't shake and it feels like it sends me into a depressive spiral even to the point of tears. 

Can anyone here relate to this or have any ideas how to make it stop? It's driving me crazy feeling like a stranger in my own apartment surrounded by my own stuff. 

23 minutes ago, NaomiSparkle said:

I don't know, it's hard to explain but it's been a growing feeling for a while but especially lately. I can be literally just laying in my bed reading something or watching a TV show and suddenly the only thing I can think is "I want to go home." I've casually mentioned the feeling to my friends but they just laugh it off as "weird" and can't relate. 

It's such a bad feeling I can't shake and it feels like it sends me into a depressive spiral even to the point of tears. 

Can anyone here relate to this or have any ideas how to make it stop? It's driving me crazy feeling like a stranger in my own apartment surrounded by my own stuff. 

I'd call your doc ASAP and explain in detail....not to sound grim but u want to make sure things don't get worse 

10 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

I'd call your doc ASAP and explain in detail....not to sound grim but u want to make sure things don't get worse 

Worse in what way? Are you saying that this is somehow a sign of something more? 

I already take 20mg trintellix and 200mg trazodone. I've been on this combination for about 1-2 months now but am still really iffy on how I feel with it. I do have an doc appointment Friday but is this stupid feeling of mine really worth mentioning?

8 minutes ago, cakepop said:

That sounds like derealization...

I don't think I'd go that far.

I saw an interview with Sarah Silverman and she said when she was depressed she "felt homesick, but I was home" . . so maybe you've been down lately?

I hope you will feel better soon....

14 hours ago, NaomiSparkle said:

Worse in what way? Are you saying that this is somehow a sign of something more? 

I already take 20mg trintellix and 200mg trazodone. I've been on this combination for about 1-2 months now but am still really iffy on how I feel with it. I do have an doc appointment Friday but is this stupid feeling of mine really worth mentioning?

I don't think I'd go that far.

It can't hurt to just mention it at the appt. obviously I'm no professional and I can't tell u what's going on, but that's what ur doc is there for. If it's nothing they'll tell u that and at least then u won't have to be as anxious 

I understand you completely.

Ever since I was a teenager I’ve had phases of being overwhelmed by the sense that I want to go home, even when I was lying in my own bed, or sitting on the sofa beside a dear person. 

Sometimes it’s the dawning of a realization that I’m in a bad situation that I need to get out of. Sometimes it means something I haven’t identified yet is really bothering me, and I have to find out what it is. Sometimes it means there’s been another random and unmerited chemical change in my mind, in which case I need a med adjustment. 

Whatever it is, it’s a desperately horrible feeling. It makes me feel insane and it hurts so much. 

If you have a therapist, talk to him or her about it. Maybe s/he can help you get to the bottom of it. Also tell your pdoc. It might help to review or tweak your meds.

I feel for you so much.

• Like 2

I’ve felt this way too. No solutions here, unfortunately. Just empathy.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:42 PM, Gearhead said:

yetis really bothering me

Yetis are bothering you? A Yeti's yeakness is the songs of Phil Collins. Play In The Air Tonight and they should leave you alone. They developed a fear of Phil Collins after he hired a couple of yetis as extras for the Can't Hurry Love video. Turns out that Phil Collins is vehemently prejudiced against yetis. Sorry, I know there was meant to be a space there and it's not like I haven't mistyped anything here. Just shits and giggles. Be gone foul Yetis!

I find it hard to feel like I belong anywhere, so I don't feel at home anywhere. I can relate. I want to go home but I don't know where that is or even if there is such a place. I guess such a place would be somewhere where I feel safe and warm and comfortable being myself and comfortable being with other people. A home has more to do with how you feel rather than bricks and mortar. Belonging is what makes it a home rather than a house, and I haven't found that.

Interesting, I've had this feeling, usually the opposite though...I'll be out somewhere and still feel like I'm at home...Idk why it happens.