CrazyBoards.org

I don't currently have it, but I have a history, so hopefully that's okay.

I think for me what happened was that I had just enough insight to doubt my paranoid thinking and to think that possibly it wasn't true and that I should ask someone about it.  That gave me enough to want to reality test things.  And the kind responses I got when I did that led to me doing it more. 

With respect to doctors, it goes to the same thing plus knowing that I wanted it to go away.  I trusted (for reasons I can't explain) that I'd have to share something in order to not have it dominate my life anymore. 

• Like 2

When your first diagnosed, it's not a matter of you  telling them you are psychotic. They observe it. You go to the ER and the tdoc/pdoc puts you on a psych hold. You aren't released until your symptom free. As you get more treatment, you get more insight into your condition and can more easily talk to the doctor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, cakepop said:

If you have paranoia due to psychosis, how are you not afraid to share those fears on a public forum? I’m trying to understand... because I’m too afraid to share much about my fears anywhere even to my doctors. It feels safer that way.

Sometimes I edit and delete my posts here because I get scared I shared too much info. 

I’m not pointing anyone out specifically but if you were truly scared, wouldn’t you NOT want those fears posted publicly? ??

I used to have extreme paranoia using public forums. I used to delete what I wrote constantly. Then I just stopped caring. I know that I can get help, relate to others, and have an outlet. 

I am very honest with my pdoc, I know she can't help me if she doesn't know the truth about what's going on. It can be scary but it is so important and helpful.

• Like 2

I totally am afraid to share them ... I worry all the time that my tdoc and pdoc read what I write here, that government agents are reading it, my family, etc. A lot of my paranoia actually revolves around the internet. The intensity of the fear waxes and wanes; right now it’s not very intense. When I’m really paranoid, I won’t tell anyone what I’m thinking because I believe they’re already reading my thoughts anyway.

I guess overall, my need to connect with other people who understand is stronger than my fear? It’s just unbearably lonely otherwise.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Juniper29 said:

I totally am afraid to share them ... I worry all the time that my tdoc and pdoc read what I write here, that government agents are reading it, my family, etc. A lot of my paranoia actually revolves around the internet. The intensity of the fear waxes and wanes; right now it’s not very intense. When I’m really paranoid, I won’t tell anyone what I’m thinking because I believe they’re already reading my thoughts anyway.

I guess overall, my need to connect with other people who understand is stronger than my fear? It’s just unbearably lonely otherwise.

I too have feared that my pdoc, family, and government were reading these posts...I seriously empathize...

• Like 3

I've been a member here for years..

I used to say nothing..not participate..be so scared..start writing..then delete..

I have gotten braver over the past few years..

I need an outlet and support..

I'm finally able to feel like I'm part of something where I'm understood and welcomed..

I'm still scared that I'm sharing too much..

But it's helping me get through things..

I've learned to be more honest..not only with myself..But with sharing my experiences with others who will understand..

I don't think it's a matter of if you're so paranoid that you can't share..

I think it's a matter of having the will to..

That you feel you need a place to be yourself..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It depends on what you're paranoid about. Paranoia is different for everyone. For me the paranoid delusions are that people will take my thoughts and insert new ones. I also get paranoid about people wanting to hurt me. I also get paranoid about signs, like people making secret hand signals, then I obsess over it all day, then I get worried because I start thinking they know I'm thinking about it.

I do at times get worried about putting things on the internet but when I do I know it's time to take a break.

• Thanks 1