CrazyBoards.org

I have a hormonal teenage daughter age 17 who is going through panic attacks and depression and wants to leave school every single day. She's feeling junior year she skips classes and leaves early. When she's home all she does is sit in her room and sleep and sometimes not eat. Yet she rejects any form of help tells me she won't talk to anyone but at least I got her to go to her pediatrician to talk about antidepressants. Sometimes I wonder if she's elaborating just to get out of school? Idk...

Help please

Here they only talk about your problems, not your husbands, daughters, or anyone else's.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, notloki said:

Here they only talk about your problems, not your husbands, daughters, or anyone else's.

Um, no. I'm posting about parenting/childhood issues and have done so before under this same topic.

• Like 1

@deeschmee, you’re fine. You’re posting appropriately on this board.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 11:36 AM, deeschmee said:

I have a hormonal teenage daughter age 17 who is going through panic attacks and depression and wants to leave school every single day. She's feeling junior year she skips classes and leaves early. When she's home all she does is sit in her room and sleep and sometimes not eat. Yet she rejects any form of help tells me she won't talk to anyone but at least I got her to go to her pediatrician to talk about antidepressants. Sometimes I wonder if she's elaborating just to get out of school? Idk...

Help please

I posted on your blog, but just wanted to let you know I'm sending you support again.....I'm a parent, too.

You are doing the best thing by getting her to the doc to talk about ADs.......I started on ADs when I was 17, and I am so thankful my mom took me to a doc when she noticed I was having problems.

Wishing you and your daughter good luck at the docs......Please keep us posted....

• Like 1

dee, I'm not a parent so I really can't give you advice, but I want to send support your way. Try not to worry so much about doing the right thing. There are many ways to parent, and I'm sure you will do the right thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I posted on your blog, but just wanted to let you know I'm sending you support again.....I'm a parent, too.

You are doing the best thing by getting her to the doc to talk about ADs.......I started on ADs when I was 17, and I am so thankful my mom took me to a doc when she noticed I was having problems.

Wishing you and your daughter good luck at the docs......Please keep us posted....

That's very helpful. It's a whole different worry when you see your child suffering. It also triggers my MI symptoms.

Your support is very helpful

1 hour ago, jt07 said:

dee, I'm not a parent so I really can't give you advice, but I want to send support your way. Try not to worry so much about doing the right thing. There are many ways to parent, and I'm sure you will do the right thing.

Thank you for your support ?

• Like 2