Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Recommended Posts

For those taking Rexulti, I'm curious: Do you take your dose in the morning or at night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, browri said:

For those taking Rexulti, I'm curious: Do you take your dose in the morning or at night?

I always took am regardless of dose. Didn't seem to make me drowsy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Iceberg said:

I always took am regardless of dose. Didn't seem to make me drowsy 

Thanks, Iceberg. I'm going to be coming off my carbamazepine trial, which hasn't fared too well because of the impact on my hearing. Pdoc asked me to go back to 500mg Depakote until our appt on Monday, but I want to discuss eliminating the Depakote and increasing the Rexulti. My impression of it so far is that it gets more stimulating in higher doses, and I know there may be a point when I want to move it from my PM meds to my AMs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, browri said:

Thanks, Iceberg. I'm going to be coming off my carbamazepine trial, which hasn't fared too well because of the impact on my hearing. Pdoc asked me to go back to 500mg Depakote until our appt on Monday, but I want to discuss eliminating the Depakote and increasing the Rexulti. My impression of it so far is that it gets more stimulating in higher doses, and I know there may be a point when I want to move it from my PM meds to my AMs.

Hmm- I always was told the opposite that as you get nearer antipsychotic dose it's less stimulating- be aware tho that if you are using Depakote as an antimanic, I did not get good mania coverage even up to 3mg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iceberg said:

Hmm- I always was told the opposite that as you get nearer antipsychotic dose it's less stimulating- be aware tho that if you are using Depakote as an antimanic, I did not get good mania coverage even up to 3mg 

Interesting. I suppose YMMV. When I was on 0.25mg and 0.5mg I found those doses to be sedating but once I reached 1mg I found I was actually more stimulated during the day, but it was and still is a PM med at this point.

I'm also mulling around the idea of trying Vraylar, but I really haven't taken Rexulti for a ride yet to understand how the higher doses affect me specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, l'appel du vide said:

I've always taken Rexulti in the AM. It made me slightly tired at first, and now I think it's slightly stimulating.

Interesting. So general consensus so far is that it can do well in the morning. Noted. Any more experiences appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 11:22 AM, browri said:

Interesting. So general consensus so far is that it can do well in the morning. Noted. Any more experiences appreciated!

I've been taking rexulti when I wake up.  It makes me kinda drowsy, but each day it is less.  I'm starting to feel less depressed and have more energy.  I'm only on the .5mg samples so far.  Sleep is much better since I started rexulti.  Not sure if that is from the depression getting better or not. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gb84 said:

I've been taking rexulti when I wake up.  It makes me kinda drowsy, but each day it is less.  I'm starting to feel less depressed and have more energy.  I'm only on the .5mg samples so far.  Sleep is much better since I started rexulti.  Not sure if that is from the depression getting better or not. 

With Rexulti it's so hard to say. Preliminary studies show it definitely does help with sleep, but whether that's downstream of improvements in depression is still kind of unclear. Now that I've heard of more than one taking it in the morning I know this idea isn't so bizarre.

19 hours ago, CeremonyNewOrder said:

I take mine in the evening. I experience mild to moderate sedation with it.

Is your signature correct that you're on 2mg now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take 2mg Rexulti (recently re-started Rexulti because my AD was not working well enough) when I wake up along with my Nefazodone 200mg, Xanax XR 3mg and Paxil 30mg (currently tapering down and then off this SSRI, replacing antidepressant and antianxiety effects) in addition to my ADHD medication. I find Rexulti to rapidly relieve depression and restore my mood to a normal state within just a few days - 1 week but that's just my experience with this particular medication

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 12:58 AM, mmaryland said:

I take 2mg Rexulti (recently re-started Rexulti because my AD was not working well enough) when I wake up along with my Nefazodone 200mg, Xanax XR 3mg and Paxil 30mg (currently tapering down and then off this SSRI, replacing antidepressant and antianxiety effects) in addition to my ADHD medication. I find Rexulti to rapidly relieve depression and restore my mood to a normal state within just a few days - 1 week but that's just my experience with this particular medication

Yeah I know you had stopped Rexulti for a while, but from my own experience it's easy to see why anyone would come back to it. It's such a great med. Sadly my experience with it was never rapid. It took me a while to adjust to it, but when I did, it was a game-changer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, browri said:

Yeah I know you had stopped Rexulti for a while, but from my own experience it's easy to see why anyone would come back to it. It's such a great med. Sadly my experience with it was never rapid. It took me a while to adjust to it, but when I did, it was a game-changer.

 I think theses "3rd generation" antispychotics, especially the 2 newest FDA approved drugs Rexulti and Vraylar, are great at targeting symptoms while keeping a low side effect profile. Im actually on both currently, Rexulti Qam and Vraylar QHS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By sming
      Hi folks,
      "merry holidays" (lol). So here's my current state of play. There are a lot of variables in play which is something I strive to avoid but then life (and things like not getting divorced or fired) get in the way:
      I'm tapering off of Wellbutrin XL. It's 6 days since my last 75mg XL dose (before you cry "it doesn't come in 75mg doses!" I was taking 300mg WB XL / 4. Not ideal, but such is life). I'm tapering off of Mirapex. I've been on 0.125mg since the 14th (10 days). I started L-Methylfolate at 10mg (perhaps foolishly - that's a high dose) on the 16th (8 days ago) on the basis that I might have MTHFR mutations. I am shortly getting MTHFR tests done. I started Rexulti 0.5mg 19th (5 days ago). This was reduced to 0.25mg on the 22nd (2 days ago. See below as to why).  In summary, a whole shitload of changes all happening in parallel which is exactly what I try to avoid but as I said, shit happens.
      So here's the real deal. For the last month at least I've been experiencing incapacitating anxiety. The kind that has you in the foetal position in bed, waves of anxiety radiating out from your gut/stomach to each limb. Physical weakness, shaking, incoherence, the works.
      Naughtily I'd previously ordered Valium online an less-naughtily I've got 0.5mg Ativan off of my PDoc. Neither touches the anxiety. This a.m. I tried 25mg Valium and 1mg Ativan and collectively they helped maybe 10%. I was still completely dysfunctional.
      The only thing I've found so far that helps substantially is 2+ large whiskies. Within 20 mins of taking them, I feel human, capable, anxiety-free and "alive". Not high or anything - just "human".
      Without context, that sounds terrible and the easy reply is "you are an alcoholic, go get treatment". But that's BS. Why? because:
      15 years ago I went 18 months dry and it didn't help at all. I was more depressed overall from missing out on all the social engagements. (I was like 25). In Feb I went inpatient where they declared my alcohol intake "the problem", made me abstain for 3+ months and guess what? it didn't help my depression at all I don't wake up crazying alcohol I don't want to drink alcohol I've taken many, many other med regimens where this incredible anxiety is not present e.g. SSRI's , TCA's, MAOI's. It seems something particular to either (or both Wellbutrin and Mirapex). As of tonight I'm dropping the Mirapex, even though it's a tiny dose and my PDoc wanted me to remain upon it. Tough shit.
      As of today I dropped my L-methylfolate intake from 10mg to 2.5mg since I've read that a long-term starvation of L-methylfolate (such as my postulated situation), followed by a "downpour" of l-methylfolate can make you feel even worse. So I'm toning that down.
      Finally, my questions:
      why is it that only the alcohol is relieving this incapacitating, incredible 10/10 strength anxiety? (and I have 20+ years of anxiety to know when anxiety is worth a 10/10 rating) am I exhibiting alcoholic tendencies? i.e. am I an alcoholic are my proposed actions (dropping L-methylfolate dose, stopping Mirapex, reducing  Rexulti dose) along the right tracks? any other advice? Curled up in bed throughout Christmas, in bed, with 2 young kids is killing me. Concurrently so is the prospect of requiring alcoholic rehab.
      Some subjective insight would be a golden Christmas present from you to me.
      Thank you, Pete
    • By l'appel du vide
      Hello everyone, I hope everyone's December has been off to a good start. I am back, on the med merry-go-round and also sober from opiates.... Again (16 days as of now).
      So I was taking wellbutrin as an add on to my Prozac, and it really didn't help and might have made me worse, losing dramatic amounts of weight, a lot of intrusive thoughts, very depressed (though that's probably just it not doing much for it. And getting off drugs.) so I'm now on the Rexulti starter pack.
      I'm here seeking others experiences with abilify and rexulti, since they are both dopamine partial agonists and 5-ht1a partial agonists, amongst other things. I'm very nervous about taking an antipsychotic for depression, though... And just want to know of other's experiences starting these medications. How were the side effects? If you had any, did they eventually go away? Did you gain weight?
      I appreciate anyone who shares their experience. I've asked about these meds before, but I'm so nervous about it I just want reassurance. A lot is changing around me. Thank you all so much, and I hope the holidays have been treating you well.
    • By abrooksIN
      I will try to keep this brief.  I was always depressed and my senior year of college (a year ago) I had a major psychotic break where I literally thought I was flying through the universe.  I was hospitalized in for two weeks, and I have been trying to fine tune my meds.  I am working closely with my Pdoc, but am getting very discouraged.  Any input would be appreciated.
      Lithium is what brought be out of my mania, and I have been on 900mg er every since.
      I have gone thru Latuda. Could only get to 60 mg.  I took with food, but still felt ill most of the time.
      Cannot take Lamictal due to headaches.
      Tried Vryalar and I felt like I was crawling out of my skin.
      I am now up to 4mg of Rexulti as of last weekend.  My Paranoia is the highest it has been since my hospitalization.  Saw my Pdoc Friday and he said too soon to tell on the increased dosage and I can go from 7. out of 10 to 3 out of 10 in a matter of minutes.  He added a small dose of Lexapro to help with my depression.
      Rexulti has been the best drug from a side effect profile.  If I could rid myself of the paranoia I would almost be normal.   
      Does anyone have any suggestions?  Really appreciate it.
    • By l'appel du vide
      Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone here has tried Rexulti as an AD adjunct for depression. Please tell me what you thought of it, I know it's very similar to Abilify, but surprisingly Rexulti under my insurance + the manufacturer discount card is cheaper than generic Abilify, so I want to get familiar with it. I have only had one true experience with an AAP, Seroquel, and it was actually really nice but it made me sleep like a rock, so I got off it years ago. I'm not switching to Rexulti at the moment, but my psych let me know it's the next option if Wellbutrin doesn't work out.
       
      Again, let me know your experiences with it, and I guess Abilify too since they are similar. The thought of being on an AAP scares me, with all the side effects and such, especially for depression. But I have read Rexulti and Abilify both have "pro-cognitive" effects which is exactly what I need. Also, has it helped with your anxiety at all? Do AAPs generally help with anxiety? Because if I'd be able to get off Klonopin that would be a plus. Thank you all for any replies!
       
×
×
  • Create New...