CrazyBoards.org

On August 8, 2019 at 6:53 AM, mike218 said:

I’m no longer on Prozac. I found a new Dr and she has me on Lamictal, so far so good!!

Did your diagnosis change? Just curious if the Lamictal is for treatment resistant depression or suspected bipolar.

• 3 weeks later...

Week 2 of Prozac here, 20mg... 

The anxiety is astronomical..a car door could close across the stress and I'd jump..

It has gotten to the point where I'm just sleeping for most of the day, it's the only thing I can do as my body feels like it's seized up and my mind can't concentrate to save my life.

I'm only able to write this now because I just woke 5 mins ago.. I really really really hope I get some comfort from Prozac for MDD, anxiety especially. I really need to back to the gym and a proper diet

Sorry for the slight highjack here, I just got this notion to write so I did

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Vadar said:

Week 2 of Prozac here, 20mg... 

The anxiety is astronomical..a car door could close across the stress and I'd jump..

It has gotten to the point where I'm just sleeping for most of the day, it's the only thing I can do as my body feels like it's seized up and my mind can't concentrate to save my life.

I'm only able to write this now because I just woke 5 mins ago.. I really really really hope I get some comfort from Prozac for MDD, anxiety especially. I really need to back to the gym and a proper diet

Sorry for the slight highjack here, I just got this notion to write so I did

are you still withdrawing from the effexor? That could explain rebound anxiety.

maybe get something specific for anxiety? buspar? lyrica? benzos? Another SSRI like luvox instead of prozac?

maybe you need a mood stabilizer?

Edited by argh
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, 

So just over 4 weeks into the prozac and honestly I can't see much improvement. It barely lifts my mood and my anxiety is still simmering away quite high.

I'm exercising quite often which helps but I'm still apprehensive above this SSRI. After coming off Effexor completely, finished last Sunday, I know now that my biggest symptom is the general anxiety. I've been on edge for so many years I don't know what it's like to be 'normal' again. I never really thought about it until now because it's been present in the background for all these years. I think depression isn't my biggest concern anymore but rather the anxiety. 

Even though the Effexor was hard on my system and it did give me more anxiety at times, I now know it wasn't the cause of it all. it was present all along.

So I think another week of prozac and if I don't feel anything decent (5 weeks then) I'll speak to my Doc about adding something or changing something because I know what I'm feeling now just isn't right. 

I'm on edge all the time, my memory is poor and concentration is crap. I'm not as lethargic as I was before, I'm sleeping a bit better so I know the depression isn't in full swing, just the anxiety...

Anyways, It's nice to just put down some ideas on paper ;)

4 weeks is the earliest I would expect it to start kicking in so I think you need to give it more time. I have had AD's that were going nowhere at 4 weeks pick up considerably in the following weeks.  You need to be able to commit to going a full 8 weeks.

• Like 1

8 weeks seems like an awfully long time. 

At the moment I'm just worn out, anxiety is very high so it in a sense has shut down my brain.. memory is crap and I'm in a semi zombie like state.

I was thinking maybe 20mg is just too low for me.

Anyways thanks for the reply :)