CrazyBoards.org

Hi-

My anxiety is my main symptom, and the mixed episode is caused and fueled by the anxiety. I used to take Paxil and loved/hated it, but stopped a month ago.

Now I'm taking Lex. Today was my first day- 10mg for a week and then up to 20mg. I'm also going up on Lamictal. And I take Wellbutrin.

This is a sturdy AD combo! And Klonopin.

Anything to watch out for besides mania and the standard SSRI side effects (had 'em with Paxil)?

Loon for taking so many meds

I think Lexapro will be pretty easy compared to Paxil or the others. For me lethargy sets in if I take too much but you may be too keyed up for that. Seems to me to cause less mania than the others. I hope it does great for you. If it were me I'd go 10-15-20. My doctor would say, huh? 15mg isn't standard but going from 10 to 20 is a big jump.

Found this in an article somebody posted:

"If you do use an antidepressant..."

"Also, it makes a lot of sense to start with a lower than usual dose and increase it very gradually. We don't have data, but in general, avoiding large perturbations of the system is almost always a good idea in bipolar disorder. Same thing with discontinuation (unless there is a true medical reason to discontinue rapidly)."

Interview

Archived