CrazyBoards.org

I've taken every AAP except Clozaril--->

Seroquel- made me into a hallucinating zombie. I FELL on the floor, lost all muscle control, and couldn't even use a spoon to eat from a bowl on the floor in front of me. I couldn't crawl. My roommate picked me up and put me in bed.

Risperdal- I lactated (I'm female)

Zyprexa- gained 30lbs in 3 weeks

Abilify- couldn't stop moving and fidgeting, felt like a zombie on speed (never had the stuff, but it is what I imagine it to be like)

GEODON- I felt HOMOCIDAL. i just wanted to kill everyone, including myself. BAD BAD BAD EVIL!!! I got off it REALLY quick. NOT myself!!! BAD!!!

Am I missing any? These suck!

Loon,

I'm on Seroquel, and yeah if I don't get into bed right after I take it, I loose all motor control and have a really hard time navigating my teeny condo.  I think I fell the first night I took it, but right now, I really need this stuff so I'm just going to have to suck it up I guess.

What about trying typicals??  Ever been on one?  Some people can be dissatisfied with the AAP's and then try a typical like haldol or thorazine and find them to be much more suitable.

Sorry, I'm probably not much help....but take care and keep trying different stuff....someday you'll come across the right stuff. ;)

What doses? Risperdal helps me a little at .25 or .33. Going up (slowly) to 1 mg made most things worse. Zyprexa was my drug from hell, even at 2.5mg. Made me feel so tired my heart dropped into my stomach. Seroquel made my skin crawl but I can take it for one isolated night now and then. If I feel masochistic enough I'll try Abilify if my doc suggests it.

Archived