CrazyBoards.org

Anyone else experience facial paralyasis or bells palsy type symptoms from meds?

Hello Crazyboards forum,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced facial paralysis or bells palsy type symptoms caused by meds?  I know that tardive dyskinesia can be a side effect but I am not sure about facial paralysis and nerve disorders.  What about facial twitching?  I am not talking about tardive dyskinesia, tremors, ticks, grimmaces, tongue movements and things like that...I am talking about a part of one's face literally twitching.

9 hours ago, notloki said:

Abilify has listed as an infrequent side effect (1/100 to 1/1000) facial palsy.

Really?  I was on the Abilify website last night and I scoured through the entire "full prescribing information"/"boxed warning"/"medication guide" page and I did not see it there.  I am not denying that what you say is true, I'm just saying that I didn't see it on their website where they listed all of the potential side effects.  Where did you find that information?

Edited by AbilifyedBunny
1 hour ago, AbilifyedBunny said:

Really?  I was on the Abilify website last night and I scoured through the entire "full prescribing information"/"boxed warning"/"medication guide" page and I did not see it there.  I am not denying that what you say is true, I'm just saying that I didn't see it on their website where they listed all of the potential side effects.  Where did you find that information?

It is in the PI as facial palsy, you missed it.

3 hours ago, notloki said:

It is in the PI as facial palsy, you missed it.

By "PI" do you mean "Prescribing Information"?  I thoroughly checked this section of the website again and I didn't see it.  What page number did you see it on?

Edited by AbilifyedBunny
15 minutes ago, AbilifyedBunny said:

By "PI" do you mean "Prescribing Information"?  I thoroughly checked this section of the website again and I didn't see it.  What page number did you see it on?

Pull up the web page and press ctl+f it will bring up a search box, type palsy and hit enter.

14 minutes ago, notloki said:

Pull up the web page and press ctl+f it will bring up a search box, type palsy and hit enter.

Still nothing, although I was able to pull up other things.  Is it under those exact words "Facial Palsy" or "Palsy"? because I found nothing.  But when I typed in certain keywords, it did bring up the tardive dyskinesia related stuff.

Nervous System Disorders: common – coordination abnormal; uncommon - memory impairment, cerebrovascular accident, hypokinesia, hypotonia, myoclonus, hypertonia, akinesia, bradykinesia, drooling, cogwheel rigidity, dystonia, disturbance in attention, dizziness postural, dysarthria, paraesthesia, parkinsonism, psychomotor hyperactivity, hypoaesthesia, speech disorder, tardive dyskinesia; rare – burning sensation, convulsion, depressed level of consciousness, dysgeusia, akinaesthesia, ataxia, bradykinesia, coma, dysphasia, facial palsy, judgement impaired, loss of consciousness, migraine, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, paraesthesia circumoral, sleep phase rhythm disturbance, Grand Mal convulsion, choreoathetosis, unresponsive to verbal stimuli

This is from the PI at https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/a/Abilifytab.pdf

1 minute ago, notloki said:

Nervous System Disorders: common – coordination abnormal; uncommon - memory impairment, cerebrovascular accident, hypokinesia, hypotonia, myoclonus, hypertonia, akinesia, bradykinesia, drooling, cogwheel rigidity, dystonia, disturbance in attention, dizziness postural, dysarthria, paraesthesia, parkinsonism, psychomotor hyperactivity, hypoaesthesia, speech disorder, tardive dyskinesia; rare – burning sensation, convulsion, depressed level of consciousness, dysgeusia, akinaesthesia, ataxia, bradykinesia, coma, dysphasia, facial palsy, judgement impaired, loss of consciousness, migraine, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, paraesthesia circumoral, sleep phase rhythm disturbance, Grand Mal convulsion, choreoathetosis, unresponsive to verbal stimuli

This is from the PI at https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/a/Abilifytab.pdf

Oh okay, I thought you meant the official Abilify website because that was what I was on.