CrazyBoards.org

How do I trigger myself out of this mixed state?

I only have 3 moods now.  Mixed state, happy hypomania and regular, slighter hypomania. 

I sit here now bawling, thinking about the fact that I am sure to lose my job, that I should sell my condo and run away to Vancouver for no reason and with no money. 

I see myself living in the park with a shopping cart and sleeping bag because of my credit card debt.  I can't seem to work anymore.  It's not working out. 

Even if I sell my condo it wont pay all the debt.

This was triggered by the fact that I have been sick all week with female issues and haven't been to work.  I tried to get ready this morning, but between crying fits and cramps I didn't make it.

Yes, I will be seeing a pdoc, but there is a waiting list, so there is nothing I can do about that.  This is not an emergency so I cannot go to the hospital.  I am not suicidal, just really like the thought of death right now.

Does anyone have tips on how to trigger myself back to happy hypomania? 

This fucking sucks.  I'm a mess.  I don't even know if I care much. 

;)

Does anyone have tips on how to trigger myself back to happy hypomania? 

Ah, the Holy Grail of the bipolar community.  If we could find the answer we would all never come down.

Sorry hon, there is no way to do that.

You are in a tough spot and it feels like the world is falling down around you.  Being sick, missing work, worried about debt.  Thats a lot to worry about.

If you can't get in to see a Pdoc yet, go see your family doc.  Just beware that anti-depressants probably aren't a good choice considering your bp tendencies.  If you start feeling suicidal do go to the ER.

Best,

A.M.

Thanks AM,

Just saw my GP monday and unfortunately there isn't much more she feels she can do.  The effex seroquel combo has fixed the GAD, so she doesn't want me to stop the AD completely, just taper down the effex a bit to try and control the mania until I see the pdoc. 

The valium has calmed me a bit, but not to the point of sleep.  I'm playing bingo now to try to focus on something.

I'm not suicidal and my bf is here.  And I have cigarettes.  That's something.

Dee

If you find out how to trigger yourself out of this state, could you let me know?

It's hell.  I understand the frustration, the anxiety, the fear, the pain.  I am

right there with ya, although I know that doesn't help.  I quit smoking 12 years

ago, but could I please bum a smoke?  Thanks!

I really agree that it could be female-issue related (your mixing moods). I'd try hormone therapy or something, like taking birth control pills with no break (I do that) to stabilize your PMS. At least that takes care of THAT.

Staying hypo-happy? You KNOW you are supposed to stay away from SSRIs. A dose of Lamictal and an SSRI may do the trick. Don't tell anyone I told you that.

loon

I really agree that it could be female-issue related (your mixing moods). I'd try hormone therapy or something, like taking birth control pills with no break (I do that) to stabilize your PMS. At least that takes care of THAT.

Staying hypo-happy? You KNOW you are supposed to stay away from SSRIs. A dose of Lamictal and an SSRI may do the trick. Don't tell anyone I told you that.

loon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I mentioned, I am still waiting to get in to see the pdoc, so it's not like I have access to a mood stabolizer but that is the plan.  Meanwhile valium did help a bit.

I certainly can't just stop taking Effexor.  I didn't have the proper dx when I started it, so it's not like I was prescribed it in error.  I am tapering it down, but in this state I don't want to do the next drop until saturday.  I plan to force myself to get to work tomorrow if it kills me.

I can't take birth control pills because I smoke and I don't plan to even try to quit until I feel at least a little sane.

Anyways aside from tapering the Effex I can't get any new meds until the drug evaluation with pdoc.

So, I really have to just suck it up until then.  There is definitely a worsening in mixed stated during pms, but not only during that time.  I probably have a hormone imbalance, but no one ever checks that, only thyroid.

Best case senario until pdoc is maintaining a moderately pleasant hypomania. ;)

Archived