CrazyBoards.org

I've been having increased difficulties with dry mouth and dry throat this past month.

My meds have not changed in months.

Clozaril 325mg bedtime
Lithium 300mg AM / 600mg bedtime
Celexa 30mg AM
Xanax 0.5mg TID
Pepcid 40mg bedtime

I see pdoc tomorrow.

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks.

Xylimelts. It's slow dissolving xylitol that adheres to your gums or teeth.

Edited by argh

Same issue....caused by clomipramine in my case.

I haven't tried anything 'over the counter' yet . I don't want to take any more medication either. 
The xylimets look promising. Any other things I could try out?

I already have my bottle of water with me, but drinking water is not really the solution.

13 hours ago, Catwoman said:

Same issue....caused by clomipramine in my case.

I haven't tried anything 'over the counter' yet . I don't want to take any more medication either. 
The xylimets look promising. Any other things I could try out?

I already have my bottle of water with me, but drinking water is not really the solution.

biotene (not sure if you have that) makes lozenges, gels and mouthwashes that can help.

I wasn't very impressed with the mouthwash however.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, argh said:

biotene (not sure if you have that) makes lozenges, gels and mouthwashes that can help.

I wasn't very impressed with the mouthwash however.

Did a quick search and the only product I could find was the Biotene gel. So I'm probably going to order it!
Thanks!

There's a prescription medication in the US (not sure where else it's available) that is used to treat Sjögren's syndrome (I believe) called cevileline (Evoxac). While I don't have Sjögren's, I did ask my GP to try it because my dentist commented on how dry my mouth was and mentioned that I needed to try something like Biotene (which didn't work at all for me) as dry mouth like I had could cause problems with my teeth. So my GP prescribed it for me and I went from having an arid, dry mouth to practically drooling while awake... lol. I kinda backed off on the dosage (instead of 3x/day I took it 1-2x/day as needed), but wow did it ever help! The only downside is that it also causes increased sweating, and I already have severe hyperhidrosis all over my body. I tolerated it as long as I could, but I just couldn't handle all the sweating (my clothes would be drenched at the slightest exertion—more so than usual!). Just figured I'd mention that.

Edited by mikl_pls